Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, Roger Federer was asked who was the most handsome player on the ATP Tour, and the Swiss had mentioned Jeremy Chardy.

On the 20-time Major winner's statement, speaking during the Marseille Open Chardy said: "I have heard Roger's opinion. My wife agrees with him! So at least these two are sharing the same idea. The most handsome guy on Tour? It's Roger, I have to say (it is) him."

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Roger_Federer/67174/roger-federer-is-the-most-handsome-player-on-tour-says-jeremy-chardy/

I wonder what women of MTF think - who is the best looking on the whole tour, and who is among the big 3 only?

I also wonder what Mirka have to say about this building up chemistry between Roger and Jeremy.

·
4,635 Posts
I wonder what women of MTF think - who is the best looking on the whole tour, and who is among the big 3 only?
As a straight female, I'll venture to say that Roger's looks are somewhat enhanced by his appealing persona, good character, and the expertise of professional photographers. There's no denying he's a lovely guy, well-liked/respected by his colleagues, worshipped by fans worldwide, an incredible champion, loving husband and father. But handsomest tennis player? No, no. Not by a long shot.

My personal pecking order (incl. retired players):

Film star handsome: Safin, Tsitsipas.
Thinking woman's crumpet: Tursunov.
Would deffo look twice at: Basilashvili.
Handsome but irritating: Fognini.
Worth a mention: PHH, Chardy, Blake, Haas, Verdasco.
A certain je ne sais quoi: Paire.
Cute: Nadal, Gulbis.
Overrated: Dimitrov (this guy's physical appeal is truly a mystery to me), Deliciano.

That's it. I may be a little exacting in my standards, but one has to have some these days.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chardy, Roger, Dimitrov, Safin, Khachanov are the most handsome.

Big 3: Not even close, it's Roger.

Special mention: Boris Becker. ?

·
4,635 Posts
Chardy, Roger, Dimitrov, Safin, Khachanov are the most handsome.

Big 3: Not even close, it's Roger.

Special mention: Boris Becker. ?
Going by your flag, I'm not totally surprised by your answer! (or by the mention of Becker, who isn't a looker by any stretch of the imagination) Are you female as well?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Jeremy is too nice to replicate.

Everyone knows that Federer is top 5 ugly in the top 100. I mean, people tolerate that face because of the money and the fanship.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
As a straight female, I'll venture to say that Roger's looks are somewhat enhanced by his appealing persona, good character, and the expertise of professional photographers. There's no denying he's a lovely guy, well-liked/respected by his colleagues, worshipped by fans worldwide, an incredible champion, loving husband and father. But handsomest tennis player? No, no. Not by a long shot.

Overrated: Dimitrov (this guy's physical appeal is truly a mystery to me), Deliciano.

That's it. I may be a little exacting in my standards, but one has to have some these days.
This. Also by his success and wealth makes women perceive him as way more attractive than he actually is.
I showed him to women that had no idea who he is and not one said he was handsome.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
This. Also by his success and wealth makes women perceive him as way more attractive than he actually is.
I showed him to women that had no idea who he is and not one said he was handsome.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
What? Not many women care for sports. I know women that wouldn't even recognise Messi or Ronaldo, let alone Rogie or RAFA. All hating aside, there is really nothing appealing about Rogie physcally speaking, it's clear as day that his image is improved by his success and by the way he is portrayed in the media.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What? Not many women care for sports. I know women that wouldn't even recognise Messi or Ronaldo, let alone Rogie or RAFA. All hating aside, there is really nothing appealing about Rogie physcally speaking, it's clear as day that his image is improved by his success and by the way he is portrayed in the media.

·
4,635 Posts
This. Also by his success and wealth makes women perceive him as way more attractive than he actually is. I showed him to women that had no idea who he is and not one said he was handsome.
Quite! because, objectively speaking, he isn't. Outside the context of his fame, achievements, success, etc., his looks are nothing extraordinary. As I said, he's a lovely guy, but supermodel material he isn't.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So you find Nadal the best looking among the big 3?

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Is Chardy pregnant with twins yet? :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts