Mens Tennis Forums banner

Roger Federer is King Arthur

4K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  Loremaster 
#1 ·

Tennis champ Roger Federer portrays King Arthur in this Annie Leibovitz creation. The image is one of three unveiled today to celebrate Disney Parks’ “Year of a Million Dreams.” Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida commissioned Leibovitz to create images featuring international celebrities in fairy tale settings.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

See less See more
#4 ·
:spit:

#5 ·
So that's where the comforter off my bed disappeared to...

Reactions: Metis
#9 ·
Another pic:

And Here's the article:

New Annie Leibowitz Images for Disney.

Oscar-winner Rachel Weisz fulfilled "every little girl's dream" when she was photographed as Snow White by famed portrait photographer Annie Leibowitz in a series of new images for Disney.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The 36-year-old British star of The Mummy and About A Boy is seen in Snow White's famous hairband and dress, with her trademark flawless alabaster complexion in a portrait shot by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

Weisz, who is seen with a blue and white bird resting on her hand while she befriends animals in a forest, said: "I'm a woman now, but it doesn't matter what age your are, I think you always want to be Snow White.

"It is every little girl's dream.

"And to be photographed by Annie, one of the great living artists, is really an amazing collaboration."

Ms Leibovitz said: "She was so Snow White. Rachel Weisz was just a perfect Snow White."

"I wanted to put them right inside a storybook.

"The more fantasy these scenes evoke, the better story they tell.

"When you work with this calibre of actor, it takes just a few seconds, a few minutes, to do these pictures."

The images for Disney's Year of a Million Dreams celebration, which has been extended to the end of next year, also see Dame Julie Andrews posing as the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio and men's world tennis number one Roger Federer as King Arthur.

They come after David Beckham portrayed the dragon-slaying horse-riding Prince Phillip for Disney earlier this year, along with Beyonce Knowles as Alice In Wonderland and Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella.

In the new series of images, Dame Julie, 72, is seen as the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio with actress Abigail Breslin, 11, as Fira from the Disney Fairies.

Dame Julie, who has a long-standing relationship with Disney and played Mary Poppins in 1964, said: "It's a symbolic photograph of all the wonderful Disney images.

"It's pixie dust, magic and anointing a new little fairy in the form of Abigail. It was just a charming concept."

She said the pictures were "very lovely, iconic" and were taken to show how the Disney parks were places where "dreams really can come true".

Federer, 26, is also seen with his sword drawn posing on a rock as the gallant King Arthur in an image set against a background shot at Tintagel Castle in Cornwall.

The tennis star, who is pictured with his red cape flowing beside a rolling sea, said: "I did feel strong on that rock. I'm higher than everybody. I got the sword. I got the armour. It felt very funny and good actually."

Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said the campaign was "about the imaginations and dreams that are inside us all".

The images, part of the extended Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disney Parks, will be featured as an insert in the December issues of several US magazines.

These will include Vanity Fair, GQ, Vogue, W, The New Yorker, Conde Nast Traveller, Glamour, Cookie, Details, Glamour, Self and Men's Vogue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=490906&in_page_id=1773

Attachments

#31 ·
Weisz, who is seen with a blue and white bird resting on her hand while she befriends animals in a forest, said: "I'm a woman now, but it doesn't matter what age your are, I think you always want to be Snow White.

"It is every little girl's dream."
:confused: That's the first time I've ever heard that.

Federer, 26, is also seen with his sword drawn posing on a rock as the gallant King Arthur in an image set against a background shot at Tintagel Castle in Cornwall.

The tennis star, who is pictured with his red cape flowing beside a rolling sea, said: "I did feel strong on that rock. I'm higher than everybody. I got the sword. I got the armour. It felt very funny and good actually."
I wonder if he knows who King Arthur was... :p

I hope they don't get ideas about the next Wimbledon outfit, taking off this armor would be quite time-consuming :haha:
That's true, but it would match well the silver runner-up trophy :devil: :D

#11 ·
very appropriate for the fed-man.

this is no fantasy either. federer really is king arthur on a tennis court :scared:

#15 ·
And I have a new desktop background!

#17 ·
Same here! A minute after I saw this picture, it has became my desktop wallpaper! ;)

#24 ·
if he is king arthur than

Rafa is Lancelot :worship: so considering fighting Rafa is better of two :wavey:

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
I like the idea of Fed entering Wimbledon Center Court fully dressed as a Knight of the Round Table in REAL armor with REAL sword!

#41 ·
King Arthur wasn't Knight of a Round Table, and taking about battle Lancelot was superior in fighting than Arthur

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.