Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This analogy is not based on personalities, it is based on success.

Roger Federer is the Britney Spears of tennis. While he didn't have success at an early age, and he was in control of his career, when he got in the spotlight, he dominated. He, like Britney Spears, is an icon; Federer to tennis, Spears to music. And although he had a decline, like Spears did with the Blackout era/breakdown, he was able to come back strong, much like Spears with Circus and Female Fatale. Meanwhile, there was always a lesser in the shadow of both, with considerable success, but never able to be as recognized. This brings us to Nadal and Beyoncé. While Beyoncé broke out onto the scene at a young age with Destiny's Child, Nadal started winning tournaments at 19 years old. However, he was always in the shadow of Federer. The only time Nadal had success over Federer was during his partial decline, much how Beyoncé overshadowed Spears during the B-Day and Blackout eras. However they were once again put in the shadows of the more iconic, more impacting, more legendary person. Meanwhile, a new kid burst on to the seen, as Novak Djokovic did, much how Lady Gaga did. Although Lady Gaga saw considerable success almost immediately when she released her music, she was in the music industry for many more years writing songs. Djokovic saw massive succes in 2011, but only after being behind the scenes seemingly forever. Murray is Ke$ha, all I can say.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Federer VS. Tomic (TOMORROW) (WHY YOU HATE TOMIC)

Not a huge fan of Tomic, but the kid's 19, a bit hard to hate him that much imo

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
What happened here? Did two completely unrelated threads get merged? Two people are talking about Christina Aguilera and music, while the other two are talking about Tomic.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What happened here? Did two completely unrelated threads get merged? Two people are talking about Christina Aguilera and music, while the other two are talking about Tomic.
Nah, he switched it from a Tomic thread.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Who is Christina Aguilera, lol?
Roddick :eek: Always trying to battle with Britney but was never as popular and now is just a flop.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Since when was Britney not successful at a young age? Anyways, it's definitely a decent analogy, I just can't relate to it. Beyonce is my least fav artist from the group, but Rafa's probably my No 1 or 2 from the group. :p

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
idiotic: Spears is the least talented, Fed the most.

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow, you actually listen to this crap? reading your sig line, it seems you're trying to compliment Roger with this line "Roger Federer is the Britney Spears of Tennis".

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
This analogy is not based on personalities, it is based on success.

Roger Federer is the Britney Spears of tennis. While he didn't have success at an early age, and he was in control of his career, when he got in the spotlight, he dominated. He, like Britney Spears, is an icon; Federer to tennis, Spears to music. And although he had a decline, like Spears did with the Blackout era/breakdown, he was able to come back strong, much like Spears with Circus and Female Fatale. Meanwhile, there was always a lesser in the shadow of both, with considerable success, but never able to be as recognized. This brings us to Nadal and Beyoncé. While Beyoncé broke out onto the scene at a young age with Destiny's Child, Nadal started winning tournaments at 19 years old. However, he was always in the shadow of Federer. The only time Nadal had success over Federer was during his partial decline, much how Beyoncé overshadowed Spears during the B-Day and Blackout eras. However they were once again put in the shadows of the more iconic, more impacting, more legendary person. Meanwhile, a new kid burst on to the seen, as Novak Djokovic did, much how Lady Gaga did. Although Lady Gaga saw considerable success almost immediately when she released her music, she was in the music industry for many more years writing songs. Djokovic saw massive succes in 2011, but only after being behind the scenes seemingly forever. Murray is Ke$ha, all I can say.

Thoughts?
Nole as Gaga is pretty brilliant. Murray is more of a Rihanna- monotone voice but some great hits. They fell in love in a hopeless place.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think Federer is more like Madonna than Britney, and I know this is about the top 4, but I think Britney-> Agassi. Controlled by their management/parents at first, went a little crazy, then had a comeback :p
Muzza can be Rebecca Black :lol:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Fed as Spears is so not right.
First off, Spears was already famous/successful at young age. Second, Spears is not that talented.

Fed as Madonna is also not too right.
Both have longevity and hit winners after winners, but let's admit it, Madonna cannot really sing, even though she's very creative and innovative.

Djokovic as Gaga is genius. Both have gone immediate megastar, and Djokovic's tennis is almost as boring as Gaga's rip-off songs.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Awful comparison. First of all, all those 4 are awful "musicians" (if you can call the absolute CRAP they make music), whereas Fed, Djoker, Nadal and Murray are the best 4 tennis players in the world.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts