Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He joins Andre as the only player to win all the outdoor hardcourt masters and the two hardcourt slams. Discuss. :worship:

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Dirk said:
He joins Andre as the only player to win all the outdoor hardcourt masters and the two hardcourt slams. Discuss. :worship:
That's why I was excited about this win, after last year performance I was in doubt that he would ever win Cincy. This complete the picture, both slams and all the master series on HC. :worship:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
mitalidas said:
Incredible
But then what about this guy's wins, stats, game and demeanor are not incredible :worship:
Hard to say which aspect is more incredible the wins, the game, the demeanor? There's also the incredible wavy hair and deep brown eyes to think about.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
sharpeirob said:
quite amazing , is this streak of finals the longest?
it is a record and I want to go out on a limb and say it is not beatable
But I used to think that about Pete's 14 slam record and I don't know anymore if I can believe that that's not beatable

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
When I think of impressive things about Federer, that spidery mess on the top of his head is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Only one other player has won all the outdoor hard TMS events besides Agassi and Federer, and that is the Changster. He was a finalist at both hardcourt Slams, in the same year no less, but couldn't deliver on either occasion. I think Federer was only able to win here because of his post-Wimbledon break; yes, Roddick won in Canada and Cincy back to back two years ago, as Rafter did in 98 and Agassi in 95, but I remember how much Roger complained about the scheduling of these two events back in 2003 when he came here on the back of that tough loss to Roddick.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Pete didn't do this?

Also, what Masters hasnt Fed yet won?
Never won in Canada - in fact, did he ever reach the final there? I'm not sure.

Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid, Paris. Notice a pattern there? I'll start a thread about it in the Federer forum...

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
All Roger needs to do is get into the finals, then it's over. He can play like shit all week but come Sunday we see a different player out there. And he knows all that matters at the end of the day is winning the title, not really how you played along the way.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Sjengster said:

Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid, Paris. Notice a pattern there? I'll start a thread about it in the Federer forum...
Im very hopeful about the Paris masters this year
He;s lost to henman and hewitt in the past, both of whom were among the few who had his number in the past

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Sjengster said:

He was the defending champion to the Rogers Cup, the one that nadal just won, so yes he has won in Canada! :p

1 - 20 of 58 Posts