36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cincinnati 15. - 23. August 2015
U.S. Open 31. August - 13. September 2015
Davis Cup 18. - 20. September 2015
Shanghai 11. - 18. October 2015
Basel 24. October - 1. November 2015
Paris 02. November - 08. November 2015
World Tour Finals 15. November - 22. November 2015 (if qualified)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Players need to participate in Davis Cup this year in order to qualify for the Olympics next year, right? I don't see why else Federer would play Davis Cup this year.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,989 Posts
Federer should have played Madrid.
Federer did play Madrid, but lost right away in the second round (after a first round bye).

He also got the "wooden spoon": Federer lost to Kyrgios, who lost to Isner, who lost to Berdych, who lost to Nadal, who lost to Murray.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Federer should have played Madrid. Without Nole he could have won MAdrid MAsters. And now he is skipping Montreal while it is clear that Novak will focus on Cincy to finally take the trophy.
And now he is playing Davis Cup? WTF
Sometimes I don't get Federer...
No he wouldn't Murray was actually playing better then than he did in the FO. He would have taken Federer.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Players need to participate in Davis Cup this year in order to qualify for the Olympics next year, right? I don't see why else Federer would play Davis Cup this year.

Yes that is the main reason. He wanted to retire last year but decided he is not ready to do it. IMO it was because of Wimbledon and then because of OG. I am sure
after SF against Murray many people have had a talk to him. If he has won Wimbledon it would be very tough to motivate him to play. But i think this loss will not motivate him as last year.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Well, let's predict now how Rogie will do the rest of this year. I say: Cincinnati W, USO SF, Shanghai W, Basel W, Paris QF, and London F.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Well, let's predict now how Rogie will do the rest of this year. I say: Cincinnati W, USO SF, Shanghai W, Basel W, Paris QF, and London F.
Cinci - F :devil:, USO - SF, Shanghai - W, Basel W, Paris - SF, London - F. Book it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The reason Federer is playing the Davis Cup is because Switzerland face possible relegation from the World Group if he doesn't play. You may have noted that Murray stopped playing in the Davis Cup when he was about ten years younger than Federer is now because Britain were (deservedly) playing at an incredibly poor level, and he just thought it was a waste of time. If Switzerland get relegated out of the World Group then Federer and Wawrinka will never have the option of going for the title ever again, or at least they'd have to commit to two completely full seasons in order to get them promoted again and then compete for the title. So it's common sense for one or both of them to turn up for this tie against the Netherlands, which is after the US Open, the Swiss get to stay in the World Group, and they both have the option of playing a full schedule in the future.

·
Premium Member
20,725 Posts
Then there's also this... :unsure:

@UAERoyals Apr 19
We proudly welcome the members of the @UAERoyals 2015 team aboard. #Tennis #IPTL2015

·
Registered
15,227 Posts
Good schedule for USO(skipping Montreal was the right thing to do,never should've played it last year ) but he might drop to #3 which sucks. That's the only downside to his schedule but it's the right one overall.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,735 Posts
Good schedule for USO(skipping Montreal was the right thing to do,never should've played it last year ) but he might drop to #3 which sucks. That's the only downside to his schedule but it's the right one overall.
I think it would even better for Fed to possibly meet Djokovic in semis, when he can be defeated a bit easier than in finals, so I wouldn't mind if he takes #3. The only thing which could suck would be an early Stan-meeting, when he regularly GOATs against Fed, and the problem is Stan gets normally drawn with Nole in Flushing Meadows. Yet another question would be in which quarter Nadal is. Though I'd love to see him win against the Spaniard at a Slam again, that's kinda optimistic if we look at the recent fixtures between both.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Though I'd love to see him win against the Spaniard at a Slam again, that's kinda optimistic if we look at the recent fixtures between both.
*What* recent fixtures? They haven't even played for 18 months. All those opportunities Fed might have had to pull back on the H2H a bit and shut certain people up ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts