Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer beats Milos Raonic in Brisbane for 1,000th career win Roger Federer joined an elite club by claiming his 1,000th career win with a hard-fought victory over Milos Raonic in the final of the Brisbane International. Only Jimmy Connors and Ivan Lendl had achieved the feat in the open era, and Federer reached the landmark by seeing off a resilient Raonic 6-4, 6-7, 6-4.

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Big achievement. Probably on par with my title today or just a hair below. Let’s see if he can break the all time match wins record

Reactions: Tennis Library

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Behind this 1000th is hiding a very tired.

Already tried by Millman to start the tournament.

After a 2014 season, where he played a lot (73-12), offseason limited by the Davis Cup final and the IPTL tour.

This will be paid immediately, in AO, by an elimination in the 3rd round vs Seppi, 1st time that he has not reached 1/2 since 2003 (4R vs Nalbandian), and will not happen again since, except 2019 vs Tsitsipas (4R) .

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Federer with one of his recent biggest milestones. I am sure he will overtake Connors' all times wins record... by the year after next year.
Just needs another 32 wins, while Connors won't come out of retirement to add to his tally at this point and he is too old for that anyway...

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Federer with one of his recent biggest milestones. I am sure he will overtake Connors' all times wins record... by the year after next year.
Just needs another 32 wins, while Connors won't come out of retirement to add to his tally at this point and he is too old for that anyway...
Since rogie’s other big milestones (total slams, weeks at 1, etc) are all being passed by Rafole, it’s important for Rogie to gun for Connors for most match wins and most tourney wins. If Rogie can somehow take those records, it would cement his COAT status in my opinion

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’m shocked that he isn’t bored yet. I played tennis 4 times this week and I getting bored hitting the ball back and forth. I rather be dancing in Ibiza doing drugs

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Behind this 1000th is hiding a very tired.

Already tried by Millman to start the tournament.

After a 2014 season, where he played a lot (73-12), offseason limited by the Davis Cup final and the IPTL tour.

This will be paid immediately, in AO, by an elimination in the 3rd round vs Seppi, 1st time that he has not reached 1/2 since 2003 (4R vs Nalbandian), and will not happen again since, except 2019 vs Tsitsipas (4R) .
Interesting because 2014 was the last year Federer played a full schedule. He competed in all 4 slams and 8/9 masters, and played all the other smaller tournaments that he usually plays like Dubai, Halle and Basel. It was the most physically taxing season since 2011 and after that he decided to turn it down and left out 3 of the masters the following year.

The last time federer played all 9 masters was in 2011 almost 10 years ago. A reason he lags behind in this category

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Since rogie’s other big milestones (total slams, weeks at 1, etc) are all being passed by Rafole, it’s important for Rogie to gun for Connors for most match wins and most tourney wins. If Rogie can somehow take those records, it would cement his COAT status in my opinion
Nadovic are benefitting from a Weak Era tho, so when the proper weighting is applied, GOAT is way off in the distance.

·
29,280 Posts
Nadovic are benefitting from a Weak Era tho, so when the proper weighting is applied, GOAT is way off in the distance.
Not sure I totally agree with that, but the weakest era of all for the big 3 was probably 01 to 06 or so. I'm not really into analyzing the strengths of the eras, I'm not trying to bash Roger, just replying to your post. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts