·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship:

·
Registered
645 Posts
another reason why he will be remembered as the GOAT.
absolutely. winning atp250 is the way to go to consolidate his GOAT status... now, if he can do the same next year with challengers, GOAT question will never be asked again as everyone would know the answer!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
absolutely. winning atp250 is the way to go to consolidate his GOAT status... now, if he can do the same next year with challengers, GOAT question will never be asked again as everyone would know the answer!
Haha but if Faker is winning MM tournaments and 1 slam/year he is "dominating" in a "Djokovic era". The hypocrisy :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Haha but if Faker is winning MM tournaments and 1 slam/year he is "dominating" in a "Djokovic era". The hypocrisy :D
where did i write anything remotely close to "Djokovic era"? i never use terms as "weak era", "strong era", "soneones era", "peak", "tard" and all other wonderful adjectives MTF is full of.

Djokovic is dominating tennis in sense that he is best player in the world right now. This doesn't mean he will win every tournament(he didn't do it in 2011, neither did Federer in 2006). He is most dominant player in the world atm. You may try to deny it, but results are going to prove you wrong.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never denied he's the best player but dominating he isn't....not with 1 slam/year. And many Djokertards claim this is a Djokovic era(Yolita opened a thread on it but couldn't explain how it was Djokovic's era when Nadal since 2010 has won more slams :haha: ) I'm sure you've alluded to similar things in the past when not trolling in threads about Federer or Nadal.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Yeah, these 250s don't help much.

I suppose it would be okay for him to win this stuff (at an age when most players are well and truly retired) if he could somehow fall back on some sort of mind-boggling career including an all-time record number of majors, WTFs, and weeks at #1, as well as some kind of unparalleled dominance which makes his "rivals" look like one-dimensional club amateurs.

Ha, wouldn't that be something.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
All vultured MM titles except Dubai. Nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Calendar year Dubai, Halle and Istanbul completed but he needs Basel as well to be the true GOAT.
If he did win Basel, he'd join Nadal as the only man in the Open Era to win at least 4 titles 7 times.

He'd also have 12 finals at one event, also a record.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Where is Chris Kuerten?

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Yeah if Djokovic loses at Wimbeldon to someone who is not from "big four" then i am not sure he is the GOAT or we could say he is on level of Fed and Nadal. But we could say he is GOAT of winning MS'.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Yeah if Djokovic loses at Wimbeldon to someone who is not from "big four" then i am not sure he is the GOAT or we could say he is on level of Fed and Nadal. But we could say he is GOAT of winning MS'.
Not until he holds the outright record for most Masters 1000 titles, and perhaps can win a couple of Masters titles 5-8 times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts