Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ken Rosewall won 4 majors past from age 33-37 in the Open Era among the declining great competitors of his generation (Laver, Emerson, etc.) and before the rising great competitors of the next (Connors, Borg, etc).

Federer, even with 2 sets of twins in tow, seems happy to keep on playing for awhile.

So is this statement really so far-fetched? :)

Discuss. :cool:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Fed struggling to reach the second week of a slam these days, and he's going to win not 1, but 3 more?

Nah, doesn't sound far-fetched at all.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
19 my estimate and still will be under achiever considering his talent and skills. Edberg believes Fed have 2 slams left in him if he remains injury free for next 2 years.(2016 Rio Olympics). Still Federer can defeat Djokovic/Murray when he's on but he surely needs to avoid just one player to win more slams he doesn't care about rest of 127 when he's in form.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
He should focus on winning more TMS and stop choking in finals like in Brisbane, Indian Wells and Montecarlo first

:(

Olderer :eek:

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
He should focus on winning more TMS and stop choking in finals like in Brisbane, Indian Wells and Montecarlo firs

:(

Olderer :eek:
spot on.

if he cant win MS how on earth he will win wimby? :eek:

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
17 slams + two sets of twins = 21 slams

Obviously.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Sadly I disagree. He has been past his peak for a very long time. He could still definitely win another Wimbledon,but it just depends how his mentality and his body hold up. Here's hoping :)

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
LOL!

After the way Roger player today, LOL!

I am gonna retract my prediction on him taking Wimby this year, ESPECIALLY if he meets Nadal, ESPECIALLY. He was struggling with Falla';s lefty forehand, imagine Rafas? His backhand will be ripped apart and it will be the same old boring shit, different year.

He may have been dicking around a little bit today and wanting to put on a show but I dunno. Needs to be playing with more intensity.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
spot on.

if he cant win MS how on earth he will win wimby? :eek:

Del Potro... no masters titles

Kafelnakov.... no masters titles....

It's not as much of an issue as you think.

Besides he almost won a masters this year....

Always LOOK at PERFORMANCES... NOT results. He played sick before the claycourt swing.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fed struggling to reach the second week of a slam these days, and he's going to win not 1, but 3 more?

Nah, doesn't sound far-fetched at all.

:) Well, you know, we know, he knows, and the whole world knows that Rafael Nadal owns Roland Garros, so no surprise he doesn't bother to do much there at this stage.

But what about the rest? A couple of Wimbledons and a US or Australian Open, if the others are having trouble of one sort or another?

No, you probably have it pegged. Guys like Agassi and McEnroe think he is done, no? :yeah:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Always LOOK at PERFORMANCES... NOT results. He played sick before the claycourt swing.
Even Wawrinka before AO!

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
36,855 Posts

he is not 33 year old

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

Exceptp from 2008, Olderer always wins TMS and GS in the same year.

Z

·
0 Posts
I don't see how he could possibly win more than 1 more. And even that is stretching it.

His baseline game has been non-existent for years. He needs a really fast surface like Halle or Dubai to flourish and none of the slams are that fast.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts