Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on this video series for a long enough time and have produced a body of work which spans about 50 minutes. Although the series focuses on Federer, it highlights his highs and lows at Wimbledon (his wins and losses, that I could find footage for).

Now that the body of work is complete in 6 parts, I feel I can make a thread about it here in general messages.

The series includes extensive highlights and also features Federer's losses in 2008, 2010 and 2011. I've already posted these videos in the Federer forum but this series is more than just being about Federer. It's about Wimbledon, tennis and also the successes of other opponents at Wimbledon.

So, I hope you guys appreciate the work that's gone into this and I *hope* it can actually inspire a useful discussion on the tennis itself. From parts 4 onwards, I have made regular use of HD footage, for higher quality videos (was unable to find as such for matches before 2007, sorry).

Thank you.

Part 1 - 2001 & 2003

Part 2 - 2004 & pre 2005 Final

Part 3 - 2005 Final & 2006

Part 4 - 2007 & part way through 2008 Final

Part 5 - 2008 Final & 2009

Part 6 - 2010 & 2011

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
Re: Roger Federer: 10 Year of Wimbledon History - including Roddick, Nadal and others

Unbelievable :eek: So many years and so many achievements since and that 2007 final is still hard to watch for me :awww:

Thanks for the links :hatoff:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Re: Roger Federer: 10 Year of Wimbledon History - including Roddick, Nadal and others

Great work Nathaniel!

Wimbledon is my personal highlight of the season, so thank you very much!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Great vids. Might subscribe if you're planning to do more. More tennis greats vids the better.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

2010 and 2011 :sobbing:

Great vids :D

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

i watched the whole series and you did a great job. love the music, the interesting POV's and you cut to the right times. god bless God for giving tennis Roger Federer.

was sad to see Roddick lose so many Wimbledon Finals to Federer though. his expression after losing the 2009 final is one of the saddest i've ever seen :sad:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

i watched the whole series and you did a great job. love the music, the interesting POV's and you cut to the right times. god bless God for giving tennis Roger Federer.

was sad to see Roddick lose so many Wimbledon Finals to Federer though. his expression after losing the 2009 final is one of the saddest i've ever seen :sad:
Fully agree. All of it just looks like a complete "Triumph & Agony"-story, for all of the players involved. Gorgeous. :hearts:

And yes, Roddick truly blew his perhaps final chance at a Wimbledon victory in 2009 - sad to see for his fans, happy for his opponent's.
As much as I am a Federer fan, I could not help but feel sorry for the guy at that occasion.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I've been a fan of the game for many years, but I don't think I've rooted for anyone more fanatically than I did for Roddick when he battled against Federer in that 2009 Championship. Poor guy.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Re: Roger Federer: 10 Bears of Wimbledon History - including Roddick, Nadal and other

Olderer forum.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Re: Roger Federer: 10 Bears of Wimbledon History - including Roddick, Nadal and other

Brilliant title change. Still I can't help but feel 10 beers would have perked my interest a little more.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Usually it's easy to criticize the music chosen. This time, it's even easier.

But I won't, the music is actually quite epic.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Re: Roger Federer: 10 Years of Wimbledon Mystery - including Roddick, Laver and other

AMAZING WORK.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Fantastic video's m8!

I have to say, that seeing these videos I am for the first time inclined to say that technically, Federer has improved quite alot over the years, even in his so-called decline. He might be abit slower, but imo he hits the ball harder and cleaner in 2012 than he did in 2003/2004/2005. It's good to have seen him volleying this much this Wimbledon. The guy can hit any shot in the book, amazing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts