Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty good with predictions! I think this will happen. And Andy Roddick is coming along like Marat Safin did in 2000. The similarities are eerie! :eek: Safin won his first Masters Series tournament in Toronto, and Roddick is expected to win his first Masters Series today, in Toronto! :D

You heard it hear first. Andy Roddick will win the Canadian Open today and the U.S. Open in September! :bounce:

And by winning the U.S. Open, Roddick will wash away the dissapointments of the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon. Those tournaments and dissapointments will be forgotten come September 8, 2002! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Marat had a win over Sampras on his way to the victory in Toronto. Andy, on the other hand, had not beaten a top 10 player on his way to the final.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How can he do what Safin did? When he can't beat Haas,Hewitt,Safin,Agassi, or even Jan-Michael!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG! Nobody responded to this thread for one hour and one minute! :eek: Then I get 6 replies in 27 minutes! People are coming out of the woodwork to post here!

I gambled and I lost! :mad:

I'm tempted to delete this thread. But I won't. I'd never hear the end of it!

Being fair and the good sport that I am, I readily acknowledge the great win by Canas. Well done!

2005 Eggy? LOL! Try 2003 or 2004. Wait a second! Try 2002, if you know what I mean!

And congrats to Andy for making the ATP top ten for the first time. A year from now, Roddick will be in the top five! :bounce: Guaranteed! :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
no masters, no slams, no nothing. that's my prediction for Pandy-monium...:eek:

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Henman Type!!!!! ROTFLMAO! :p Good One Eggy!

Pandy-Monium is just like like Henmania no style or substance and no end result.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No end result? No big results yet. But Roddick is only a teenager, and he leads the ATP tour in match wins this year. He's doing fine. He's right on schedule! When he adds a little here and a little there, he'll be winning big.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Cat, I support you :) I think Andy will post some big wins in the future.

I don't quite understand the glee some of you get in putting Roddick down. I understand some of it's all in good fun, because a lot of players are made fun of here, but the constant, persistant posting of hate-filled putdowns is a little more enthusiastic when it comes to Andy. Is there a particular reason why?

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I don't think Andy will win the US Open, but I will be surprised if he doens't make the quarters before losing to a Hewitt or Haas.

This was Canas tournament, so there was no shame in Roddick losing to him - I mean the question is, who DIDN'T lost to Canas this week :eek:

However I dont like how close Roddick is to passing Ferrero in the rankings ;) I just dont' know how I will deal :eek:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Andy is just kind of my scapegoat - he is just so easy to make fun of.

And there is nothing wrong with that! I'm like that in realy life ;) Always the butt of my freinds jokes and stuff, so I don't really think its a big deal - since I get it all the time lol

But if I actually didnt' like him I wouldn't have gone to every live match of his possible, would I have?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Rebecca said:

However I dont like how close Roddick is to passing Ferrero in the rankings ;) I just dont' know how I will deal :eek:
Hmm, I'm not too fond of this prospect either. Hopefully Juan Carlos will have a streak of good luck this summer . . . he has to, LOL.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Rebecca said:
Well on the bright side I dont think his hard court season could go any worse than last season.

He only has to win about 4 matches to catch up to last season ;)
LMAO!! Poor Juan Carlos :D

But he needs to do something if he wants to stay in the Top 10. Falling out could have its priviledges, though . . . :angel:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts