Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No poll attached, since I have no doubts about the eventual outcome, but I do feel this could turn out to be a grind for the Duck :eek:

Do you reckon this will be a routine one for Roddick?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I don't think Kohlschreiber will trouble Roddick that much. He could take one set possible but as you said "no doubts about the eventual outcome." For me, if there are no doubts about the outcome an opponent isn't that tricky but yes I think Kohlschreiber could make the American work for a win.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kohli is the modern-time journeyman: decent groundies, no real weaknesses and no killer shot.

I expect him to dominate most of the baseline rallies, and break Roddick's serve at least once.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Rogiman has a point. Nevertheless, Roddick will win in 3-4, any other result is a bit surprise

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
Plus Kohli has been doing well to date this year so he has confidence but AR will win.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Another Roddick thread started by Rogi "Andy's not worth discussing anymore" Man. Good job. :hatoff:

To answer the question, it's easy: if the real Andy Roddick (the one with the one dimensional but very effective flat, power hitter) shows up, Kohl goes home in straights.

If this moonballing passive mug who skipped through his first two matches against club players shows up, upset alert, Kohlschreiber wins.

That's all. :)

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
To answer the question, it's easy: if the real Andy Roddick (the one with the one dimensional but very effective flat, power hitter) shows up, Kohl goes home in straights.

If this moonballing passive mug who skipped through his first two matches against club players shows up, upset alert, Kohlschreiber wins.
Roddick isn't really that much of a hit and miss player like you describe. The likelihood is something in the middle turns up and Kohlschrieber loses in 3 or 4 sets but not without causing a little trouble. Neither of the options you give are likely at all.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
I would not predict that Kohlschreiber will do more harm to Roddick than maybe force him to go over four sets of which a two are maybe really close.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Duck will easily win in straights. Kohli is just a clown and has no chances against A-Rod

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm pretty confident that Kohlschrieber will win a set. He's in good form as of late. Plus, if Dlouhy can get to 7-5 in a set against Andy, I see reason why Phil can't go further.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Kohly must be getting tired as hell soon.. he's won Qatar Dbls, Auckland singles and now here in 3r

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Roddick in 3 close sets

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.