Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting. You guys remember the video when Roddick slammed analysts in front of Chris Fowler? Now this:

"Roddick said he would only come up to the ESPN suite to be interviewed if McEnroe, who as an analyst had been commenting on his match, was told to leave," a source at the Open said.

"He said he wasn't going up there if McEnroe was anywhere near the suite," the source added. "McEnroe left without a fight, but during the interview you could see Roddick was still fired up about the criticism."

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/sto...ered-John-McEnroe-out-of-US-Open-suite-090411

True story or just a rumor? What do you think?

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for heya to get here.

Reactions: MsTree and jayjay

·
Registered
884 Posts
no issue here

even the article says mcenroe wasnt asked to leave.

He could not comment on whether Roddick asked McEnroe to leave but said, "He was talking about tennis analysts in general, not specifically about John."

McEnroe said, "No one asked me to leave the booth. I just left because I was finished."

·
Banned
260 Posts
no issue here

no, the article says that mcenroe says that. the source behind the article says the opposite.

as an administrator for a vbulletin forum, i think this thread should be allowed to remain.

i doubt that it's as dramatic as people are making it out to be. roddick came into this open with a lot of tension, i'll bet. he and johnny mac will make up in no time.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no issue here

Oh really now? Isn't that what they all say? He left because he was finished? I would believe it if Roddick had not bashed him in the past.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
1) I doubt this ever happened
2) If it ever did, I don't get how people are suddenly defending Johnny Mac when he probably did similar stuff back in his ATP days.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1) I doubt this ever happened
2) If it ever did, I don't get how people are suddenly defending Johnny Mac when he probably did similar stuff back in his ATP days.
I think this happened. But I don't blame Roddick. John and patrick keep bashing him for no reason. He is what he is. He won't be a 20 time slam winner now. He will win matches and lose them. He can't do miracles.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Roddick is a bully, but he can't bully high status people, so he has to avoid them instead. Classic Roddick

Doing a good job of solidifying his title as Mr. Cranky Pants, Sr.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
He needs to seriously grow a pair of balls and stop bitching and whining about what reporters and analysts have to say about his game. If anything, they are using positive criticism to help him learn something. Instead, he takes it offensively and just lashing out on them. I wonder how Stefanki feels coaching this prick.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
John and patrick keep bashing him
Bashing? They are simply commenting on what he could do to beat the Top 5 and to win more majors. Constructive tips like: come to the net, add some variety and touch shots, and stop trying to win by pushing from the baseline.

for no reason.
The reason is that the Duck has dropped to a rank of 21 and seems not to have a clue how to reverse that.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: Funny nobody pointed to the original thread yet.
Was there a thread? I missed it. Sorry if I didn't give credit. I just didn't see it :(

·
Registered
863 Posts
Good for him! They talk a lot of junk and while they may get paid to run their mouths they should be held accountable for what they say. I think Roddick was fair in what he said and I applaud him for not backing down and speaking his mind.

Now asking someone to leave before doing the interview is just plain silly- what a DIVA move. If thats part of the story is true then thats a totally lame move. Why not confront McEnroe on air.

All in all this actually makes have a more favorable view toward Andy.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I didn't realize constructive criticism and feedback was talking junk. I'm sure even Federer and even Djokovic appreciate some of the commentary that can help them aid their games.

·
Banned
260 Posts
if roddick did half of what people like johnny mac suggested, he might have more than just the fluke slam.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't realize constructive criticism and feedback was talking junk. I'm sure even Federer and even Djokovic appreciate some of the commentary that can help them aid their games.
I remember Roger was mad when Wilander said he should get balls against nadal or something

·
Registered
863 Posts
Patric McEnroe, Chris Fowler,Tedd Robinson and Mary Carillon rarely offer contructive criticism- are u familiar w.them as commentators? The others are fine, but that bunch of commentators deserved every word of criticism Andy threw at them. It's about time they were called on their excessive non-stop babble.

·
Banned
176 Posts
I don't believe that this story happened at all. I think it's completely fabricated.
Andy loves to confront, talk, be honest, get things out in the open... even if it's abrasive/rubs people the wrong way. Avoidance is absolutely not his thing. If there was an issue with JMac (which incidentally, I don't believe there is), Andy would talk to him about it. Even if you think Andy is a jerk - he is not, and has never been, a diva.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts