Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
http://youtu.be/-ygrn0i_Yi8?t=29m0s

Basically saying that it's not his fault umpires and referees are pussies about it.
This is all just assumption, but if ATP is suggesting to umpires not to be very strict about it, and in turn Rafa or any other player is suggesting to ATP to get off his back when he does get penalized, then it is his/their fault? I doubt the umpires have complete freedom there, yet refuse to be more strict.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
You read the press too much. Who cares?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Nothing new. Tursonov put it the most eloquently when he said “Rafa will pick his ass for 30 seconds and you guys will just watch, you're not going to say a word.”

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nothing new. Tursonov put it the most eloquently when he said “Rafa will pick his ass for 30 seconds and you guys will just watch, you're not going to say a word.”
Its a matter of privacy.

When your in the John people should respect you time...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nadal and Djokovic are repeat offenders here. The ATP really needs to enforce the rules and the players need to start following the rules. I'm to the point that if I was playing one of the two I would just start serving while they are toweling off their mugs. IF they can take their sweet ass time to serve then any other server should be able to serve as soon as he has a ball in his hand.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Love how people encourage cheating. Nadal breaks the rules and then gets annoyed and bullies Umpires when they enforce those rules! It says a lot about anyone who likes him if they ignore that kind of behaviour. Great morals hey?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
given that he himself always played so fast im surprised that he's okay with someone playing so slow
That's not what he said. Roddick in that video actually goes on about a match of theirs where he had to explicitly wait for Nadal to be ready and getting annoyed by it.

He merely stated the fact of the matter which is that Nadal should and IS abusing and stretching the rules as much as he wants BECAUSE people are letting him do that.

Wanting for Nadal to be all ethical is just idealistic and wishful thinking.

The officials are the only people truly responsible here.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
It's true the officials themselves are the ones responsible for letting this happen. It's tough though because it does get ridiculous if they penalise him for every point. Players should be subject to more severe consequences rather than just one point penalty.

You read the press too much. Who cares?
If you don't like the thread and wouldn't like to contribute to the discussion don't reply, there's no need to be an ass about it towards the OP.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He is right though. Roddick said himself how annoying it is to wait for Nadal but that Nadal is gonna continue doing it if the Umpires don't start doing their job properly. Dull and Toni would probably try and get them fired though.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
I think you should have posted this on the other time wasting thread, we have too many threads on the same topic.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It really takes balls to make the big call, especially when your career's on the line when you do so.
Has anyone seen that "girl" umpire around?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
He is right...

·
Your visions will happen
47,127 Posts
Fuck the umpire, he is never going to do anything.

Either you can get mad about it and complain in the press, Roger, or the opponent must troll Rafa back with his own time wasting tactics. Djokovic has done well with this in recent years

1 - 20 of 22 Posts