Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
embarrassing display from Berrer

he was a break up in the 3d, lost serve with 2 DFs and 2UEs but the quaility stuff came in his next service game when he missed a smash from 10 inches after letting it bounce

Roddick didnt play any good, he's becoming a moonballer also

Kohli has a huge chance

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Re: Roddick def Berrer 6-2 6-4 6-4

That was one of the faultiest matches I've ever seen. Berrer is one major clown, his approach shots are worse than the Duck's. That overheard on break point down from Berrer was an embarressment to mankind.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

berrer was worse than i expected, lots of unforced errors throughout the match. roddick was nothing special, stayed behind the baseline and let berrer try to dictate play. he worked on his backhand slice though, that seemed to be working well. on the other hand it won't be that much of a problem for kohlschreiber to cope with it as he's way smaller and more "flexible" in the knees than berrer.

boring match overall.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts

Berrer now has the distinction of getting lobbed multiple times by Roddick in the same set.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Roddick seems to be doing well, congrats! :hatoff:

Another easy match. The way all the real 'top players' :)p) seem to be mowing the lawns through their draws in their first couple of matches is quite impressive. Could become interesting from the QFs onwards! :)

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

Game at 5-3 in the 3rd set was hilarious, 3 lob winners from Roddick + that funny half volley + totally missing the ball on serve. Connors was laughing when Roddick was lobbing Berrer all the time , heh it seems that Jimmy showed Andy one or two tricks with lob

·
Registered
27,317 Posts

Roddick will have to play about 20 times better if he wants to beat any decent opponents. His moonballing was embarressing at times, and he was on the defensive more often than not.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

Another easy match. The way all the real 'top players' :)p) seem to be mowing the lawns through their draws in their first couple of matches is quite impressive. Could become interesting from the QFs onwards! :)
i didn't think andy was playing great at all. he played solid andy-stuff and berrer played top-200-stuff. anyone with a decent game and a little more than mediocre approach shots would've troubled andy today.

although i guess we don't know how he would've reacted if troubled.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts

Roddick will have to play about 20 times better if he wants to beat any decent opponents. His moonballing was embarressing at times, and he was on the defensive more often than not.
Correct.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Bilbo: "Berrer has one of the best serves on tour."
Bilbo: "This Berrer is good"

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

i didn't think andy was playing great at all. he played solid andy-stuff and berrer played top-200-stuff. anyone with a decent game and a little more than mediocre approach shots would've troubled andy today.

although i guess we don't know how he would've reacted if troubled.
I didn't see the match, just judging from the scoreline... ;)
Berrer must have been a real embarrassment, then... :(

·
Registered
27,317 Posts

Berrer has one of the best overheads on tour.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
288 Posts

That was a comedy of errors from Berrer. Andy played alright.

At least it wasn't as horribly unentertaining to watch as that Sharapova/Davenport match.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Actually, the score was 6:2 6:2 6:4

Roddick is playing o badly... eeh, forget it

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

Roddick just made what was needed to win, he wasn't trying to be agressive because he didn't have to so nothing to worry about he can raise his level, Kohli is good player but he lacks serious weapons and I'm sure Andy will have a lot of looks at breaking him.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

Bilbo: "Berrer has one of the best serves on tour."
:D

i don't get why stach on eurosport kept referring to the risky 2nd serves as the "right choice", as if berrer had to cope with some return monster. i mean, come one, it's roddick, for heaven's sake! these days you could've put the second serve in with like 50 km/h and andy would've sliced it back and run 5 m behind the baseline as fast as possible. the guy's become more and more passive during rallies, steeb, kühnen or ariens must've noticed that.

i'd understand these risky 2nd serves if he was playing nalbandian or federer, but not if roddick is your opponent.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts