Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was some high quality tennis right there. Awesome match by both players. I thought Federer had it in the third when he was up a break. 10 Double faults for Federer though.. didn't play his best tennis.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
woooooooooo Andy. the bitch bitchslaps his master :devil: very good match, but i think the possible #1 in the world played on his mind a little

·
Registered
672 Posts
Win the title man! :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
:sad: roger

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Nah......... nothing will make Andy credible to the haters. :)

I am so glad Andy won because I want a great rivalry between Andy and Roj. I like both of them, but usually pull for Andy to win simply because of all the crap Andy gets on the tennis boards.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That was an AMAZING match! It's one of those matches that you can't watch because you're too nervous to see what happens next.

I really hope, so bad, Nalbandian can make the final and play Andy. Wish upon a star

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Yeah... I kept clicking to another channel out of nerves. I was so happy when Andy pulled ahead in the tiebreak, but then got nervous all over again when I thought Roj might pull back even. I think both are great sportsmen and both made some amazing shots.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Haters = not really haters but a term used for jealous, insecure ignorants who feel the need to downplay a threatening, talented player they
don't know

Master of double faults got his ugly smile wiped away.
In your face!

Fed was lucky he got the break in the 2nd because he had several
break points against him. Andy was careless in the 2nd
and 3rd set and allowed Fed back in.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Rogi started off poorly and gave andy that match in the 3rd with all his double faults. Andy got lucky. I am Rogi will get more into it the next time, he kind of looked like he didn't care. Still a great match even if my player lost. Rogi was wowing the crowd with amazing shots. Andy hit some very good ones too but Rogi was amazing. The Open will be a great one and I hope these two play in the final or semi. Rogi had a bad serving day. It happens to all the greats. You make 6 double faults in one set, chances are you are going to lose it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Go Andy!!!!!!!!!!!! Now is your turn to win this title..... kick bundia's ass LoL :D

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Re: Re: Roddick d. Federer 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(3)

Andy was very lucky to get the break back in the 3rd

two complete flukes at 30-30

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Roddick d. Federer 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(3)

Yes, I heard about his mishit shots that turned out good - but didn't Federer double fault on break point? No doubt about it, that was what did him in - it's not how many doubles you serve but when you serve them, and considering that he opened the tiebreak with his 10th it's obvious he had a bad serving day. Mind you, I reckon Roddick conclusively won the match with that backhand pass down the line on the run at full stretch. As I said elsewhere about this match, it means we have a rivalry for the first time... and Roddick obviously has a major boost going into the Open. Doesn't mean I don't want the Flash to take this title, though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Andy :bounce: :bounce:

Win the Title!! :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
he looked like he didn't care? how trange, considering that this was the match that could have given him the no. 1 spot.

oh well, it'll come soon enough! ;) :yippee:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I love both these guys!! I wish I could see the match!! I hope these two will play in the US Open final!!
Congrats to Andy!! Now - win the title!!

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Truly awesome match. There were two points in this encounter that I will never forget. First of all, that between-the-legger that Roddick hit at net off a let cord, finally winning the point with a volley winner. Then the point later in the 3rd set when Federer was on the defense, being run back and forth and showed his improvisation yet again with a short chipper backhand pass. What creativity and ahtleticism from both!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts