1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Nothing Connors could do for RoboRod. RoboRod's limitations have been revealed for all to see - he's out of the top 10 for good.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Anyone heard rumours/gossip about this?
I read it somewhere online today .. pretty sure it wasn't The Guardian. But it might have come from there. The British press haven't been doing too well on speculating Roddick's next moves recently ......

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
A Starsports commentator a few nights ago said that there were rumors of a split.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Nothing Connors could do for RoboRod. RoboRod's limitations have been revealed for all to see - he's out of the top 10 for good.
I'm not sure I understand this post, he seems pretty solidly in the top 10 to me. While I'm not a fan of his I think he's definitely got several more years of top 10 tennis in him. I don't see too many people knocking at the door to pass him. Ferrer certainly will. But other than that no one is showing much consistency at all. There seem to be a ton of fairly interchangeable inconsistent players in the top 20 right now.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I'm not sure I understand this post, he seems pretty solidly in the top 10 to me. While I'm not a fan of his I think he's definitely got several more years of top 10 tennis in him. I don't see too many people knocking at the door to pass him. Ferrer certainly will. But other than that no one is showing much consistency at all. There seem to be a ton of fairly interchangeable inconsistent players in the top 20 right now.

You do realise you're trying to engage FedTard2000 in rational discussion? This is a futile exercise.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
I'm perfectly rational, and RoboRod will be out of the top 10 due to the young balls all taking their permanent place in the top 10 - Baggy, Murray, Gasquet

Here's next years top 10 YE:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ferrer
4. Djoko
5. Gasquet
6. Murray
7. Gonzalez
8. Berdych
9. Baggy
10. Robredo

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Maybe they confused Andy R. with Andy M.

I mean, why would Roddick split with Connors? Since he hooked up with Connors, his game has improved marginally. Does he really think that someone else is actually going to do more for him? If so, he needs to realize that it's not his coaches' fault that he can't win majors or beat Federer.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm perfectly rational, and RoboRod will be out of the top 10 due to the young balls all taking their permanent place in the top 10 - Baggy, Murray, Gasquet

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ferrer
4. Djoko
5. Gasquet
6. Murray
7. Gonzalez
8. Berdych
9. Baggy
10. Robredo
I agree with most of it, but...
Ferrer has played outstanding tennis recently, but I'm not convinced he can keep it up through the course of an entire season, so I think no. 3 is too high. Gasquet certainly hasn't proved he can be consistent enough to make the top 5. I think Gonzalez's success at the beginning of the year was a bit of fluke, and I doubt he'll be in the top 10 this time next year. And Baghdatis...well, who knows :shrug:?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No Nalbandian and Davydenko? IMO Nalby may even be top 3, and Davy is very consistent although he has poor game against Roddick, Hewitt and Blake;

BTW, Gasquet, Gonzalez, Berdych, Baggy and Robredo are no better than Roddick.

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ferrer
4. Djoko
5. Gasquet
6. Murray
7. Gonzalez
8. Berdych
9. Baggy
10. Robredo

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
BTW, Gasquet, Gonzalez, Berdych, Baggy and Robredo are no better than Roddick.

Gasquet, Berdych, and Baghdatis have more potential than Roddick. All of their strokes are as good or better than Roddick's (except for his serve, of course), and they generally have more variety in their games. Their problems are purely mental. If they could get it together upstairs, they could all pass Roddick in the rankings.

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Hopefully they stay together for the rest of Ducks career. No one actually believes his game has improved since Jimbo. It was a nice story for the media to report on but its gotten old. Duck sucks more than ever.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
I've never understood why the Duck ever had a coach. Hes naturally a tactical genius anyway, no coach can teach him anything he doesn't know.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ferrer
4. Djoko
5. Gasquet
6. Murray
7. Gonzalez
8. Berdych
9. Baggy
10. Robredo
I'm OK with the top 4 and I think Murray will make it in there as well. Davydenko's had a rough end to the year, but he is very consistent and will be top 10. Gonzalez, I wish, but really doubt it. He's had a couple of high points this year, but he hasn't backed them up and after the Aussie Open he will drop way back out of the top 10. No way Robredo will finish ahead of Roddick. Gasquet, Berdych, and Baggy, good players but all inconsistent. Roddick will finish somewhere in the 5-8 range. He's proven his ability for an awful lot of years now. But trust me, I'd be happy to see him slip out and join Blake. Nothing would make me happier than to see Isner be the top American next year. OK, actually seeing Ivo make it into the top 10 would make me happier.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I think Roddick needs to stop trying to work on what he's bad at and maximize what he's good at.

I think the fact he's tinkered with so much of his game isn't helping - he is clearly limited in what he can do. What he can do is try to make his serve better and his forehand more versatile and penetrating. He just needs to give up with the backhand and net play - its just not going to happen.

Like he realized that its not going to happen on clay - I'm pretty sure he books his plane ticket back to Texas for the first weekend. And thats only to do some sightseeing before he goes home.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ferrer
4. Djoko
5. Gasquet
6. Murray
7. Gonzalez
8. Berdych
9. Baggy
10. Robredo
5 of those players won't be there...Ferrer at #3:rolleyes: