Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roddick about Stan:"You don't lose 2 and 0 in last sets when you're 3rd seed at a GS"

The comment was immediately twitted and there was the prompt reply from Stan “sorry Andy”.

Carole Bouchard @carole_bouchard

And the Roddick law for Wawrinka : "you don't lose 2 and 0 in last sets when you're 3rd seed at a Major". #BecauseHeSaidSo #ARod

Stanislas Wawrinka
@stanwawrinka

@carole_bouchard sorry Andy

Federer showed sympathy for Wawrinka's position but also said that he expects his Davis Cup teammate to improve and learn from the whole experience. "With Stan, I understand where he is, because I was in such a position at a moment in my career, and it's not even the pressure itself," said the 32-year-old. "I think it's how you look at yourself and at your game."

"Without changing everything, this is what he's got to work on and solve this, fix this. Little by little. It will not happen overnight. But with Australia, with Monaco, it's in his pocket already. Nobody can take this from him. It will give him time to work on this. I trust that he will find the right solutions in the months to come."

Federer has had years to deal with the weight of expectation, and throughout the last decade he's generally taken everything in his stride. The World No. 4 admits he's a little taken aback by his own consistency, as well as that of Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

"For me it's totally normal. I have never really understood how Rafa, Novak, and myself, we can play at such a level all the time, being consistent," he added. "For me, that was a shock to see all of us so consistent like this, steady if I can say."

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
Re: Roddick about Stan:"You don't lose 2 and 0 in last sets when you're 3rd seed at a

you dont lose to gilles muller in the first round of your home slam when millions of dollars were packed into a campaign with you

go back to your cave andy, some people havent started watching tennis yesterday

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: Roddick about Stan:"You don't lose 2 and 0 in last sets when you're 3rd seed at a

Federer lost 3 and 0 in the last 2 sets of RG and he was seeded number 1!! Why didn't Roddick say anything about that?

And besides, he is the last person to talk about that. Remember AO SF Roddick? How many games did you win in the last 2 sets? 2

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

You don't lose as a 3rd see in R1 0&2 it's true.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

He is right. As much as I love Stan, he laid a huge pile of crap at his wake ... shame on Stan for that 6-0 set. Disaster. Having said that, Roddick still needs to be deported. We real patriotic Americans are working on it 24/7

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts

You certainly shouldn't, it was a disgusting performance.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts

He's right.

How forced does that program sound btw... Roddick is a great talker and should be interesting to listen to, but this format makes it sound so fake and...well, typically American to be honest.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

I would like to see all of you on a tennis court. Then we can talk.

Meanwhile, Roddick is an idiot and will never get over Federer ruining his career. C'est la vie. He should shut up and move up.

Saying stuff like that to a player that is obviously struggling really shows his true colors.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

you dont lose to gilles muller in the first round of your home slam when millions of dollars were packed into a campaign with you

this

truth is the truth hurts roduck :wavey:

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Would this be the same Roddick that lost to world #125 Olivier Mutis in RG 2004 r2, when second seed?

Also lost to Acasuso in 2005 r2 as second seed, and Andreev in 2007 r1, as third seed.

Of course, the very idea of Roddick as second seed at a slam is hilarious in itself.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

Spoken by a clown who is on the tail end of the most embarrassing H2H of all time.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Roddick should know plenty about bombing at Roland Garros

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

Never been a Roddick-fan, but he is right.
Yes he lost aswell a couple of time in first and second round against unseeded player.

But the WAY Stan lost was truly shameful. 2:6 0:6 in the last two sets with brainless ballbashing without any effort to fight for it. Are you kidding me? Never seen such an embarassing performance of a top-seed.

And yes I actually like Stan.

·
Registered
610 Posts

But he is 3rd seed, and he did lose in the second round.

Argument?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

I like Roddick, his interviews are always great, not polite and everything like Roger, Rafa even Novak last years. I can agre with him, AO champion No.3 in the world and such beatdown. Also his comment about Novak - nice that he thinks Novak wins- but he hates to say it:D he hates Novak always had - i can´t imagine how pissed Roddick is about Nole winning Wimbledon and he not:D

btw about Roddick loosing at RG when was among top seeds - well he always sucked on clay + don´t think he cared about RG as for other slams - Wimbledon, USO at least he cared 10x more for sure, also Wawrinka came here not only as No.3 but last slam champion, with title from Melbourne... so don´t compare it please Roddick at RG with Stan here

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

he's sort of right, I don't even recall Roddick losing that badly in later sets at RG when he was a high seed :confused:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

MTF shooting the messenger NID.

Andy is being honest as always, but some here will never give him a break because he was unable to beat Roger.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts