Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
:eek:

you're using old accounts now JustCause?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rod-Laver playing modern tennis would just be another Fabrice Santoro. Nothing more.
Not true. If you had to give Emerson, Laver, Rosewall, etc modern rackets when they were playing before the Open Era they would've played just as naturally as they did with the wooden rackets. Tennis is a skill, you play with the technology your given and use your skill and practice to perfect your play. If Federer, Nadal, Djoko, etc had been playing with wooden rackets all this time they wouldn't be any better or worse at their SKILL. Only the POWER and maybe accuracy of shots would've been affected.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Not true. If you had to give Emerson, Laver, Rosewall, etc modern rackets when they were playing before the Open Era they would've played just as naturally as they did with the wooden rackets. Tennis is a skill, you play with the technology your given and use your skill and practice to perfect your play. If Federer, Nadal, Djoko, etc had been playing with wooden rackets all this time they wouldn't be any better or worse at their SKILL. Only the POWER and maybe accuracy of shots would've been affected.
ok u win 16 year old JustCause haha :haha:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I dont care. I care about Agassi, Sampras, Federer, Roddick, or Gasquet.

I even wasnt inside of the womb when Rod Laver got something from his racquet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Rod-Laver playing modern tennis would just be another Fabrice Santoro. Nothing more.
I concur, although, in fairness to Laver, I am sure they also had fierce "battles" during those days (just like today), and that the trophies were not given on a silver platter (just like today).

·
Registered
91 Posts
this GOAT threads make me sick

laver better than Federer?
Well yes in temrs of Slams

Sampras better than Federer?
Well yes he has 3 more Slams

BUT
When i watch matches from Borg, Conners, Sampras, etc. and i watch Roger how he play TENNIS.
Then i must Fu***** say, thank god i live to watch him playing. He is the Greates Tennis Talent EVER in terms of HOW TO PLAY that game.

Borg, Laver and even Sampras must be honoured to be compared with Federer!

·
Registered
188 Posts
this GOAT threads make me sick

laver better than Federer?
Well yes in temrs of Slams

Sampras better than Federer?
Well yes he has 3 more Slams

BUT
When i watch matches from Borg, Conners, Sampras, etc. and i watch Roger how he play TENNIS.
Then i must Fu***** say, thank god i live to watch him playing. He is the Greates Tennis Talent EVER in terms of HOW TO PLAY that game.

Borg, Laver and even Sampras must be honoured to be compared with Federer!
Dont you think they know it? They are just bitter that someone who is not their favorite is breaking all the records available.You ll hear them talking the same trash even if fed wins more than 18 slams. They will say he has no competition.... they will say the modern racket tech helps him.... they will say that he hasnt won the RG....The truth is that on court and at his best he is as close to untouchable as any player ever got.And he does it in style as well.I believe that enough reasons to see "smart" threads like that everynow and then;) .

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
I wonder how many people realize that Laver was only 5'8". You cannot dominate the modern game at that height. His achievements in his time were tremendous, but there was no where near the depth in the game that there is today where athletes are being churned out all over the globe.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sampras and Laver are still ahead in terms of greatness.

Federer is without a doubt the best to play the game though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
what a fuck???who cares about laver who won the slam at 30+ years old?? if he would play now the only thing he could do will be to play crap! and federer with a wooden racket will still be a lot better player! this thread is non sense! tennis began in the late 70s with borg before it doesnt count

1 - 20 of 83 Posts