Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robredo on Kuerten...

``We have to live in the present,'' Robredo said. ``I was very focused and I knew what I had to do to beat him. At the moment, I can beat him every time.''

Um...excuse me...you have how many grand slam titles...make that finals...um....make that semis...and how many top ten finishes....

Show some respect, man... :(

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Considering this is the third time he beat him this year, I don't really see what's wrong with Tommy saying that at the moment he thinks he can beat him every time. Guga is a has-been great, not currently at his prime. If Robredo were to say "If it were 2001 I would still beat Guga every time" maybe you would have a point.

Robredo speaks the truth. At the moment, he can.

Reactions: MariaV

·
3,921 Posts
I would like to hear that from his mouth and in spanish to decide wheter that arrogant or not... Transcripts and translations can change the whole thing ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
savestheday91 said:
Considering this is the third time he beat him this year, I don't really see what's wrong with Tommy saying that at the moment he thinks he can beat him every time. Guga is a has-been great, not currently at his prime. If Robredo were to say "If it were 2001 I would still beat Guga every time" maybe you would have a point.

Robredo speaks the truth. At the moment, he can.
well put.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
What he is saying is true; however, as a huge fan of Guga, HOW DARE YOU ROBREDO!!! :devil:

Roger and Santoro's match left me in a good mood.........lolol

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
This is deja vu all over again - in the ATP forum on WTAWorld during RG 2003, I seem to remember someone complaining about the lack of respect shown by Robredo towards Guga because he kept on dropshotting him and celebrating good points. What's that, a successful tactic that wins you a big match shouldn't be used because it's disrespectful? Rubbish.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
mangoes said:
What he is saying is true; however, as a huge fan of Guga, HOW DARE YOU ROBREDO!!! :devil:
Ditto! :p
He could say in a "nicer" way to comfort all Guga fans,but he has the right to show his confidence versus him. :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
:(

·
Registered
985 Posts
i dont think it was that bad, i feel he could have put it better, but he ca say what he likes- as long as its true.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
i also would like to hear that in Spanish cos for us is more difficult express in english what we want to say but all that he said is true, Tommy has beaten Guga in their last macthes so at the moment he knows how to beat him!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
VAMOS ROBREDO!!!

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Blaze said:
I believe this is just a bad case of lost in translation
I agree ;)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Something must be lost in translation.

·
Registered
17,160 Posts
Sure!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Blaze said:
I believe this is just a bad case of lost in translation
it better be :(

then again, knowing the sort of person he is, this doesn't really surprise me all that much.

i would like to read/hear the original spanish version before i make further judgements though...

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Even there's no lost in translation, it's the truth what he's saying. He defeats Guga both on clay and now on hard court. He may not be very respectful but can't say he's a loser.

If you respect your opponent too much, you'll be the loser.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts