Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Robin Söderling
It’s been a difficult period but I am getting better. Doctors confirmed that I have had mono for quite some time and this truly explains my lack of energy but my health is improving and I hope to be back on the court as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your support and hope to see you soon.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
17,609 Posts
Re: Soderling has mono

Oh wow. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

I got to experience what it was like to have mono last year. I had a bad fever and even lost my voice for nearly a week :eek:

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oh wow. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

I got to experience what it was like to have mono last year. I had a bad fever and even lost my voice for nearly a week :eek:
My God, is this mono thing an epidemic? I thought it was quite an unusual disease but I see it's more common than I thought, specially among tennis players. Weird. :confused:

·
Banned
8,385 Posts

Mono is overrated thats all, not every people has it chronic, very few do.

<--- had mono in 2008, never fully recovered, body temperature still 34.8 mostly :lol:

·
28,745 Posts

Not a fun thing to have but there are vastly varying degrees of the disease so it depends on how bad he got it. Best of luck Robin.

·
28,745 Posts

My God, is this mono thing an epidemic? I thought it was quite an unusual disease but I see it's more common than I thought, specially among tennis players. Weird. :confused:
Also everyone gets it, most people get it in their youth and it is simply seen as a normal flu. Once you get older, the symptoms we know are present.

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts

I wish you full health, Soderling.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts

Get well soon Sod.:hug:

Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Just don't let it get in your way Soderz. :)

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Also everyone gets it, most people get it in their youth and it is simply seen as a normal flu. Once you get older, the symptoms we know are present.
Do you mean that I may have had mono without knowing?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Oh dear, that is unfortunate. None of the players who've been diagnosed - Ancic, Roddick, even Fed - have been quite the same since.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Yes, a lot of people go through an infection in their youth without evening noticing it, or just minor flu symptoms. It's worse when you draw it as an adult though.

Best wishes for a speedy recover, Sod. I miss seeing you on the courts. :hug:

·
28,745 Posts

Yup. Mono is just the Epstein-Barr virus.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/communicable/mononucleosis/fact_sheet.htm

While most people are exposed to the Epstein-Barr virus sometime in their lives, very few go on to develop the symptoms of infectious mononucleosis. In underdeveloped countries, people are exposed in early childhood where they are unlikely to develop noticeable symptoms. In developed countries such as the United States, the age of first exposure may be delayed to older childhood and young adult age when symptoms are more likely to result. For this reason, it is recognized more often in high school and college students.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

Really explains his problems and not very surprising because the sympthoms he's had all match.

Now he knows and knowing is half the battle...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts

Clearly the ATP should put stop with their kissing games. The results speak for themselves!

Seriously though, I had it when I was around 19. I was bedridden for almost two months. I didn't want to eat or do anything. I was incredibly weak. Although I think it will be incorrect to blame anything on the virus, but I do feel that I've lost athletic ability in the process.

·
Banned
4,017 Posts

:sad: :hug:
I hope this will be quicker than for Italian Anna-Giulia Remondina who had to stop a full year :hug:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

Sad news :sad: Hopefully he recovers soon and without lingering effects

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

T__T

That's upsetting, I hope his recovery goes well and he can return and recapture his form.

1 - 20 of 754 Posts