Kohlschreiber (43) - lost
Jarry (43) - lost
Ferrer (124) - lost
Garcia Lopez (100) - won
Kuzmanov (336) - won
Kukushkin (53) - lost
Gerasimov (155) - lost
Istomin (101) - won
Lacko (130) - won (gets Harris (96) next as Monfils withdrew)

So Haase - nowadays a mostly unseeded player - drew one big shot (Zverev), no other player ranked top 40 and an astonishing amount of 8 players ranked outside the top 90. Still managed to win only four first round matches, Garcia-Lopez being the highest ranked at ATP100. Is sheer luck the only thing keeping him in the top 100? :???

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Today, his former coach received a longer sentence (20 years) so Haase is entitled to some kind of luck imo. I'm still surprised the Dutch mental midget had his best year on tour after the murder case.

To answer your question, no, it's the other players who can't get rid of players like Haase.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
A thread about Haase. MTF redeemed for past sins. How much the whole crime case influenced Haase only he knows. Won't delve into that, already sad enough as it is.

Haase should be a top 50 player as long as possible. Hate him or LOVE HIM, he's part of the small circle of players who are actually interesting figures.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
If my coach is a murderer he's probably a piece of shit. One I'm associating myself with.

Yes OP, you're right of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts