Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 years old, I just met him here at work.

Currently ranked 1010 ATP. He switched from USA to Dominican nationality wise. Probably to play Davis Cup, no doubt. He is working with my old coach now, Mike Dumitru, the crazy, genius Romanian.

Cid will rise.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I didn't expect posters like ossie and Saberq to understand what's really going on in the game.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A public park with a tennis center :wavey:

This Cid kid is tall, strong, could be a very good player with the right coaching.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
he's 18 and nobody heard of him ........end of story
not everyone has to have top 20 talent.

Johnny, do you know whether or not Cid knows Gabriel Flores?

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I will ask him when he gets off the court :yeah: They played in Davis Cup last July.

And Saberq, just cause someone isn't top 20 by age 18, doesn't mean they are mugs.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts

let's be honest .....unless he is a future top 5 player I dont give a fuck.........the only reason players outside of top 4 are relevant is so they can fill out the draw........that's it..........

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw him play a bit. Tall, strong, big shots, like missiles. Very flat hitter. Ballbasher if you will.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Saw him play a bit. Tall, strong, big shots, like missiles. Very flat hitter. Ballbasher if you will.
Maybe the boss of ball bashers: Lukas Rosol can give him few tips :eek:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Quite interesting. He propably has the right tools to make something happen.

Are there a lot of public parks with tennis centers in the States? Thank God Tilden is not around anymore looking for coaching jobs. You would also have to act as a law enforcement officer besides your other duties.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's quite cool! Only pro I've ever met away from a tournament was a guy who was once the French junior #1 and quit to become a lawyer, I think.
Oh really? Who was it?

Maybe the boss of ball bashers: Lukas Rosol can give him few tips :eek:
Or maybe Cid can give Rosol some tips :eek:

Quite interesting. He propably has the right tools to make something happen.

Are there a lot of public parks with tennis centers in the States? Thank God Tilden is not around anymore looking for coaching jobs. You would also have to act as a law enforcement officer besides your other duties.
:lol: You always with the Tilden jokes man :lol:

Yeah there's always public parks here in USA. I was reading Pancho Gonzales' book written in 1959, and he praised the public parks as the future of the game, as more players play in public parks as opposed to stiff upper lip expensive country clubs.

You didn't expect Saberq to say anything different did you?

·
Registered
717 Posts
:lol: You always with the Tilden jokes man :lol:

Yeah there's always public parks here in USA. I was reading Pancho Gonzales' book written in 1959, and he praised the public parks as the future of the game, as more players play in public parks as opposed to stiff upper lip expensive country clubs.
Yes, I try to preserve the history of the game with these Tilden references.

What does a public park mean there? You can play for free or can you also have different lessons etc? I believe it varies pretty much in Europe. For example I remember that it was almost impossible to play for free in Germany in the early 90's.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I try to preserve the history of the game with these Tilden references.

What does a public park mean there? You can play for free or can you also have different lessons etc? I believe it varies pretty much in Europe. For example I remember that it was almost impossible to play for free in Germany in the early 90's.
Yeah, you can come to the courts and play for free :shrug: If there are courts available that is. Yes you can get lessons from local pros, but of course you have to pay.

If you just want to play, you can just come and play.

Is it different in Germany? I hear in Britain for example it is damn near impossible to play unless you've got money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts