Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I wasn't clear on exactly why he requested a wildcard to Delray Beach and then once he was awarded it, pulling out... it made me think maybe he wasn't physcially feeling well :unsure:

It's nice to see him get into Indian Wells, but it's not going to mean much unless he can win his first round match. I hope he's been practicing his serve and in good shape for whoever will be his first round opponent.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I didn't follow this match, but just looking at the stats... oh. my. word! :rolls: :tape: His first serve percentage was horrible- 51%, and his break point chances. OMG! He had 16 break points! converted on only 4 of them. He also had more double faults than aces. It's almost amazing that he won this match! We'll see if he improves against Wawrinka in the next round...

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I was going to say it took Robby 3 Sets to win a Match against a player I have never even heard of :facepalm: :tape: :ignore: :help: I have, however, obviously heard of Stan and I don't think Robby will win his 2nd Rd Match :sad:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Robby's website hasn't been updated since Feb. and I can't find him listed on any of the Tournaments here at MTF. There is a CH coming up in Florida which I would have thought would have been perfect for Robby, but his name wasn't there. How do players get into CH Tournaments anyway? That's one thing I have never known having not done much following of the CH Tournaments.

81 - 100 of 172 Posts