Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently it's ok to go into a protest with a gun and start shooting people if some of the protesters turn against you and you can easily claim self defense.

Who does Rittenhouse think he is, John Rambo? Atleast Rambo never claimed self defense.
I'm disgusted and in ruins after hearing the not guilty verdict.

Disgust. I mean discuss.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Apparently it's ok to go into a protest with a gun and start shooting people if some of the protesters turn against you and you can easily claim self defense.

Who does Rittenhouse think he is, John Rambo? Atleast Rambo never claimed self defense.
I'm disgusted and in ruins after hearing the not guilty verdict.

Disgust. I mean discuss.
The only people who he shot rushed him (= you used an euphemism of them 'turning against him'). Self defense, a just verdict. Had Rosenbaum not made the boneheaded decision to go for his gun, none of this would've happened. Not to say a 17 y/o guy should be roaming in the middle of riots with a rifle. In any case I think the verdict claiming self defense was just.

·
Golddigger
17,206 Posts
The only people who he shot rushed him (= you used an euphemism of them 'turning against him'). Self defense, a just verdict. Had Rosenbaum not made the boneheaded decision to go for his gun, none of this would've happened. Not to say a 17 y/o guy should be roaming in the middle of riots with a rifle. In any case I think the verdict claiming self defense was just.
I dunno. There is self defense of being in danger but not self defense against hooliganism. In that case anyone involved in a schoolyard fight or a thug beating should resort in being killed by a gun in self defense,?

The world unfort has violence but not all violence is to kill and for me..to fight that type violence with death is not good.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I dunno. There is self defense of being in danger but not self defense against hooliganism. In that case anyone involved in a schoolyard fight or a thug beating should resort in being killed by a gun in self defense,?

The world unfort has violence but not all violence is to kill and for me..to fight that type violence with death is not good.
If you're holding a gun in the middle of riots (chaotic/volatile situation/circumstances) and someone goes after your gun (already close enough that he's grabbing it)... You're gonna do what?

·
Golddigger
17,206 Posts
If you're holding a gun in the middle of riots and someone goes after your gun... You're gonna do what?
Didnt know other went after him "with a gun"

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Didnt know other went after him "with a gun"
There was a guy accompanying Rosenbaum who had a gun and fired it. That certainly adds to the situation. But my point was that even without that fact, you're holding on to your gun and someone (in this case a guy who has neither appeared the most balanced nor calm) rushes you and tries to take that gun from you... You're gonna hand it over and take your chance or what's your move?

·
Golddigger
17,206 Posts
A guy who was there with Rosenbaum was holding a gun and fired it. That certainly adds to the situation. But my point was that even without that fact, you're holding on to your gun and someone (in this case a guy who has neither appeared the most balanced nor calm) rushes you and tries to take that gun from you... You're gonna hand it over and take your chance or what's your move?
Fight without gun. Unless felt would be proper in trouble. But really neither tosser should have a gun on them. Its s fukin joke bro. Only reason i dont live there. Madness. Snotty nose kids walking town with a riffle. Joke

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Fight without gun. Unless felt would be proper in trouble. But really neither tosser should have a gun on them. Its s fukin joke bro. Only reason i dont live there. Madness. Snotty nose kids walking town with a riffle. Joke
Well the guy was already grabbing your gun... And one guy accompanying him had just fired a shot. Not exactly a calm situation.

Fully agree that the whole situation was madness/sadness.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
He had no business being there, definitely had no business being there with a gun like that. He was probably brainwashed by Fox News bullshit and thought it was his “patriotic duty” to go defend property from the BLM movement. A boneheaded decision. That being said, in my opinion it was clearly self-defense. It’s his fault he was in that situation to begin with, but he shouldn’t be charged for murder. His crime is being an idiot sticking his nose and assault rifle where they didn’t belong. From a liberal American.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Some decent takes in this thread.

Pretty clearly self-defense. Good verdict. He was attacked and chased at every turn. One of the guys he shot was screaming n*****, but the media is now painting him as a champion of racial justice :rolleyes:.

That being said, he is no hero and his actions should not be applauded. He was an idiot for going to the middle of a dangerous situation with an assault weapon. Idiocy is not a crime, but celebrating his actions is still disturbing.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts