Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an Argentine newspaper, Marcelo Rios plans a return to the tennis circuit in 2006. Here is the link to the article:-

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=1060509

It says he will be training seriously with coach Horacio de la Peña, who already coaches Fernando Gonzalez, and providing everything goes well, he plans to return to the circuit next year. Maybe he needs the money after his recent marital problems!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I really hope so, he was one of the most talented players of all time

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Very exciting! I was never particularly fond of him but I do hope he can get in shape and find success again on the tour. I think he could still be a factor if he could just stay healthy and motivated for a lengthy period of time.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Good luck to Marcelo. I remember his mini-comeback in 2004, when he got some wild cards into South American challengers. He even had a few good matches against pretty decent clay players such as Guzman and Serra. Sadly it was pretty shortlived due to injury I believe.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Leo said:
Very exciting! I was never particularly fond of him but I do hope he can get in shape and find success again on the tour. I think he could still be a factor if he could just stay healthy and motivated for a lengthy period of time.
Yeah he's not very cute :sad:

But he has a nice game.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
:eek: is it possible? i will be the happiest girl in the world if it's true :banana:

Reactions: Jenrios

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Yeah he's not very cute :sad:
Why do you cry? has he been disfigured since the last time i saw him? :p
Don't worry Marcelo, you're still my god :worship: (and the most handsome man on the universe.. sorry :eek: )

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Marcelo making a come back. He was really great :worship: and a dynamite :devil: . I hope the report is true. I will definitely look forward to his return. :D

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I never could quite understand his attitudes, I've heard he was very private about his personal life and was too caught up on keeping it private. Nonetheless, I would love for him to come back what a shot maker he was :yeah:

Reactions: KoOlMaNsEaN

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Grinder said:
I really hope so, he was one of the most talented players of all time
...not really! ;)

Well, how old would he be? He would be like 28? It is going to be very hard for him to make his way up from the bottom of the pile quick enough for it to be worth his while in the long run. But good luck to him! :yeah:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
jez said:
...not really! ;)

Well, how old would he be? He would be like 28? It is going to be very hard for him to make his way up from the bottom of the pile quick enough for it to be worth his while in the long run. But good luck to him! :yeah:
He's 29, turns 30 late in December. If you doubt his amazing talent, watch one of his matches around 1997-2000

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
yay!!!!!!! the person who made me understand and love tennis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want your successful comeback like any other thing on Earth, Marcelo! (apart form my good results at uni this year hehe)

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts
oooh really? Not a huge Rios fan...but boy....I've seen him play some brilliant tennis! And he's a lefty...I like lefties! :lol:

it would be something though! He'll be 30 in December!!! :eek:

·
Registered
14,150 Posts
I already heard something about He wants to play for chile in DC ;) but i didn't know he wants to play in the circuit again! :yeah:

:woohoo: :banana: Would be great :yeah:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts