Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely the guy deserves a thread for this :cool:

Hope he can stay a main tour regular after this ranking boost, very fun to watch. Never puts his foot off the pedal. Seems like a mission impossible against Garin, though

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Gianluca Mager prize money was 287.000$ until now and he will earn 178.000$ for his final in Rio, and if he wins the final (which I seriously doubt), he could earn 335.000$ so more than in his entire career. He will also enter the top 80 in the rankings, which will ensure him to play the next GS tournaments and many ATP 250. We can say that his life changed this week in Rio.
nb the week before Rio, he had lost in the first round of the qualies in Buenos Aires against the number 383 in the world, Juan Manuel Cerundolo (tough a good young Argentian prospect).

·
Ace Loveforty
83,390 Posts
Mager kinda exploded at the beginning of last year in Challengers
although he seemed quite unfit, a few times collapsing or retiring in final set

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Muger was a mental giant this week. Won all the tight sets he played, just wow. ?

7-6 7-5
6-3 7-6
7-6 7-5
7-6 4-6 7-6

I'm watching a final now, he lost the first tiebreak this week and already having a physio out there...

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muger was a mental giant this week. Won all the tight sets he played, just wow. ?

7-6 7-5
6-3 7-6
7-6 7-5
7-6 4-6 7-6

I'm watching a final now, he lost the first tiebreak this week and already having a physio out there...
Doesn't matter that you have a niggle if you just keep painting the lines, absolutely insane shots just now to hold serve from 0-40 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Loses the match 7-6 7-5.

I think I badly jinxed him. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Balazs is interesting one. 31 years old having career best ranking. Won challenger title in 2010 and then nothing much for the next 10 years.

Good week for Mager. Gets a good pay after totally collapsing against Purcell while trying to qualify for AO.

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Balazs is interesting one. 31 years old having career best ranking. Won challenger title in 2010 and then nothing much for the next 10 years.
And a totaly random Umag F last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts