Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horrible loss and waste of a good draw by Sousa. Does anyone know why he plays on clay so much? To me, he's clearly better on hard regardless of what his W/L stats say (I think that's from playing so many clay 250s). This match was unbelievably low quality.

Anyway, 0 seeds left now. Winner probably comes from that Cuevas-Ramos QF IMO, which contains both the worst and best case scenario for the event.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: Rio 2R: (Q) Ruud def. (5) Sousa 6-3 3-6 6-4

Hoping for Ruud to take the title myself. Remember him breaking through and choking against PCB a couple of years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

Ruud was much better. Really should of won in 2, playing good tennis this week.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Horrible loss and waste of a good draw by Sousa. Does anyone know why he plays on clay so much?
He doesn't. About same amount of clay and hard since 2012 and last year he played 26 matches on hard while only 16 on clay.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Horrible loss and waste of a good draw by Sousa. Does anyone know why he plays on clay so much? To me, he's clearly better on hard regardless of what his W/L stats say (I think that's from playing so many clay 250s). This match was unbelievably low quality.

Anyway, 0 seeds left now. Winner probably comes from that Cuevas-Ramos QF IMO, which contains both the worst and best case scenario for the event.
I do agree, I also find Sousa better on hard courts. But as Portuguese, he probably likes to come to South America and especially Brazil to play this tour on clay. The weather is also much nicer than in Europe right now

And yes, Cuevas is back in very nice form, a bit surprising as he is not so young anymore, but he is the favourite to win the title. As for Ramos, I don't think so, as he is still far from his level from 2-3 years ago. Yesterday, Delbonis was the better player until he choked when serving for the match in the second set

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Really close to the top 100 now, let’s go Casper!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts

Time for that maiden 250 win now Ruud! Won't get much of a better chance on his favorite surface.
This is actually a 500 tournament, even though the draw doesn’t look like one>:) All the better if he wins.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts

Always nice for me to see another NextGen player winning :smile: Remember seeing Ruud's name mentioned here as a prospect to watch from a couple of years back, seems he's now poised for a top 100 breakthrough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts