Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it's obviously disappointing to see how low this tournament has fallen becasue I've always liked it, there's still a small light in an otherwise dark draw in form of Cuevas who's one of the most enjoyable clay-courters on tour.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
They're trying to covert it to HC, right? That'll probably save it. Wonder if the whole golden swing will be HC in a few years time, never really made sense for it to be clay then have the HC masters, it was always going to have to change one direction or the other. There are some non top players (+Thiem) that have continued to appreciate the clay option, but with the last 500 converting surely the 250's days are numbered if they don't switch as well, it just makes no sense as preparation for anyone who might go deep in IW.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're trying to covert it to HC, right? That'll probably save it. Wonder if the whole golden swing will be HC in a few years time, never really made sense for it to be clay then have the HC masters, it was always going to have to change one direction or the other. There are some non top players (+Thiem) that have continued to appreciate the clay option, but with the last 500 converting surely the 250's days are numbered if they don't switch as well, it just makes no sense as preparation for anyone who might go deep in IW.
That would probably improve the field of the golden swing, but honestly I liked it on clay and feel like there should be a clay swing in SA. Thought about a clay Masters in SA recently that could alternate the sunshine double/Miami. Probably impossible though with the importance of the sunshine double and the money IW has.

Similar case to the post-Wimbledon clay swing which has ruined Hamburg with its awful place in the calendar.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
While it's obviously disappointing to see how low this tournament has fallen becasue I've always liked it, there's still a small light in an otherwise dark draw in form of Cuevas who's one of the most enjoyable clay-courters on tour.
You don't like Munar? There are few more interesting players like this super-Djere, Felix, Bedene, even Ramos Vinolas. We might still get more closely contested F than that blow-out from Buenos Aires.
Cuevas-Munar would be good imo, tho we may get Vinolas-Bedene. :p

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't like Munar? There are few more interesting players like this super-Djere, Felix, Bedene, even Ramos Vinolas. We might still get more closely contested F than that blow-out from Buenos Aires.
Cuevas-Munar would be good imo, tho we may get Vinolas-Bedene. :p
Mhm, not really. Like Ruud though and don't mind Bedene who has quite a clean game, but is a kind of a clown. Don't support the hype around FAA even though he has game ofc.

Overall nobody I thoroughly support except for Cuevas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts