Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 hours 49 mins match. Wild was twice a break up in first set. He was also 3-0 adv up in the 3rd and then went a break down. High drama. Fokina under arm serves infuriated the fans. Lost 1 point more in the match.

·
Premium Member
20,564 Posts
Funny stuff. Dropshotovic Fokina tried to antagonize the crowd but lacked the courage to go full Medvedev. Still probably should have won, the other guy is not that good. Sometimes hits a very impressive-looking forehand but is far behind in other ways.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I watched the first set of this drama and when you see first game of the match with 9 deuces - you know that it's going to be crazy. Fokina is fucked up in the head, he played at least 10 dropshots and one underarm serve in the 1st set only. Very high energy match with some wild winners and some mistakes from the primary school. I was expecting more from both, but drama must have made up for it.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Entertaining match to say the least. As others have noted it went from really good winners to easy amateurish misses.

Came away thinking S Wild has more potential, he was lacking in movement and preparation for some shots. I though he would get late to quite a few balls.

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
I watched the first set of this drama and when you see first game of the match with 9 deuces - you know that it's going to be crazy. Fokina is fucked up in the head, he played at least 10 dropshots and one underarm serve in the 1st set only. Very high energy match with some wild winners and some mistakes from the primary school. I was expecting more from both, but drama must have made up for it.
Fokina is playing the drop shot WAY too often, to the point where it looks like he is taking the piss. He played over 40 drop shots vs Horansky in Barcelona CH, he lost the match by having a meltdown in the 3rd set tiebreak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts