Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
I am no longer a fan. That was disgusting.

Let's just give no effort and allow Mager to waltz into the SF of a 500, where he can play Balacz or Portero, ensuring another mug in the final.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well theres a good reason Thiem never won a title above 500 on clay.

Anyone who has ever had problems with knees knows that you are not going to play professional tennis if your knee is not okay. So thats good for Thiem.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If he's injured he shouldn't have played today or before. But it has to be said, a talented shotmaker like Mager without an ATP-500 final would be a disgrace for tennis.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I can't believe what I saw today. Very disappointed by Dominic, it seems like he wanted to lose this match. First time I saw this non professional attitude from Dominic. I think the organisers are devastated, they will have a mug in the final.

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
Number of wins Muger has over Thiem on clay: 0
Number of wins Mager has over Thiem on clay: 1 (and counting).
"and counting" ?

·
justice for all
16,793 Posts
I'm just glad I didn't see this shit. So not sure what to think of it. Did Dominic really tank? Please, only serious answers.

Anyway - onto Indian Wells. The pressure there will be big (much much bigger than year ago) cause he defends many points. Hopefully he gets his shit together as soon as possible and plays well again in the desert.

·
Registered
22,204 Posts
Two qualifiers and a lucky loser, all ranked outside of the top 100, battling it out for a 500 final, what a time to be alive :cool:

Should've given Guga and Ferrer wildcards

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
Not sure about that but Thiem wanted the title. He just got outplayed by Mager.

While Thiem is a good claycourter - its worth remembering he shares career best titles on clay with the likes like Golubev, Mayer and Basilashvili.
Oh no, umbrella has been unbanned and he is back to his shit.

Lol.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
One could only hope this year Thiem would finally start thinking and scheduling like a top player and not a top clay courter.

Reactions: hammett and Rumour
1 - 20 of 72 Posts