Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clay creates the biggest wars of matches.

There are no bail-outs on clay. No quickies.

It all has to come from you.

You get confronted with the truth every point, and need to think every point through.

It makes for the biggest turnarounds and turmoils.

Momentum needs to be earned over and over.

It's amazing to have the surface diversity the sport has.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Garín was pretty nervous today, an UE machine, but somehow still won, even if he choked badly while serving for the match at 5-4. He still showed some high level tennis with great winners. Also his opponent was playing his best tennis ever, really great stuff from Coria. A nice week for Guillermo's brother, he is 103 in live ranking, which is also his career-high.

I agree with OP, I love surface diversity in tennis, clay in February is such a nice thing to watch, especially in this unique South American atmosphere.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garín was pretty nervous today, an UE machine, but somehow still won, even if he choked badly while serving for the match at 5-4. He still showed some high level tennis with great winners. Also his opponent was playing his best tennis ever, really great stuff from Coria. A nice week for Guillermo's brother, he is 103 in live ranking, which is also his career-high.

I agree with OP, I love surface diversity in tennis, clay in February is such a nice thing to watch, especially in this unique South American atmosphere.

Don't think he was too nervous. Just very annoyed with the different challenge his opponent posed and was acting negatively for a little over aset.

Gained some respect for Coria. Tricky customer, great defense and also the leverage he makes himself with those passes, so opponents have something to fear coming in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts