Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember a more unpredictable race that this Melbourne race. The only one that came to mind was the race at Brazil a couple of years ago, but that's due to heavy down-pour, which eventually forced the race to end early and a full lot of confusion as to who the winner was (that was really amusing!)

I suspected that Button was fuelled light yesterday, to get the pole - I wasn't really seeing how that would win him the race - and as evident from the start of the race, he was bottling up the Renault of Alonso and the McLarens right away.

Drama started before the race started, with Montoya spinning at the end of the formation lap, and Fischella had a dead engine after all the cars were lined up. Montoya regrouped just in time to make it for the start of the race but Fisichella had to start at the pits.

Poor ol' Felipe - his race lasted only 4 corners before he crashed out - first call for the SC. And the floodgates were opened since then, with cars crashing out every other few laps, and the SC did more laps than most of the cars that retired!

Michael Schu. actually had quite an interesting race. The first stint was disasterous. We all thought he was fully fuelled, since he didn't make the cut yesterday for the final session of qualifying. And it did look like he was struggling because of that, but he pitted during the same pitstop window as the front-runners. It was a breathe of fresh air for him, after the 1st stop. It was clear that the 1st setup was pretty disastrous - the tyres, at least, and just as he was starting to challenge the top runners, very unlike him - he somehow got caught out at a corner and spun himself into the wall... Another trip Down Under that didn't end well for team Ferrari.

The race, up and down the grids, went all the way right down to the wire though - and poor ol' Button had his engine blown up during the last sequence of the corners. He didn't make it to the chequered flag - Fisichella finished 4th instead.

All in all, a great race for the spectators. And it made me stay on watching even after my team crashed out.

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
:) it was an exciting race, yes :) it was really worth getting up early in the morning :) i am sorry your team crashed out :hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts