Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silverwhite said:
If I'm not wrong, he bought a house in Switzerland but still mainly lives in Paris. :)
how sneaky :) I don't get why the French govt. doesn't just reform their tax laws instead of making all of their athletes buy houses in Switzerland or Florida...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
SwissMister1 said:
how sneaky :) I don't get why the French govt. doesn't just reform their tax laws instead of making all of their athletes buy houses in Switzerland or Florida...
Because it brings lots of money and the Socialists would hit the streets.... ;)
Sarko want to diminishe the ISF (Impôt sur la Fortune) so that it doesn't exceed 50% of your earnings and Copé wants to diminish it so that it doesn't exceed 60% of them...
It will change soon maybe. There are other reforms too but well...I don't follow this well at all. It's something like that.
He doesn't mainly lives in Paris. Like the other he can't live more than 6 months a year in France or he'll have problem with the FISC and have to pay the French taxes...
His new house is in Neuchâtel next to Forget's one. There are lot of other French tennis player in Swizerland (and of French ppl too) so he won't be so homesick and he'll play with the fringe of the rules like the other moving there because of money... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,915 Posts
delsa said:
Because it brings lots of money and the Socialists would hit the streets.... ;)
Sarko want to diminishe the ISF (Impôt sur la Fortune) so that it doesn't exceed 50% of your earnings and Copé wants to diminish it so that it doesn't exceed 60% of them...
It will change soon maybe. There are other reforms too but well...I don't follow this well at all. It's something like that.
He doesn't mainly lives in Paris. Like the other he can't live more than 6 months a year in France or he'll have problem with the FISC and have to pay the French taxes...
His new house is in Neuchâtel next to Forget's one. There are lot of other French tennis player in Swizerland (and of French ppl too) so he won't be so homesick and he'll play with the fringe of the rules like the other moving there because of money... ;)
I thought someone said that he mentioned before that he still has dinner with his parents. :confused:

Anyway, he can't stay at one place for long. He has to keep travelling. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
delsa said:
Because it brings lots of money and the Socialists would hit the streets.... ;)
Sarko want to diminishe the ISF (Impôt sur la Fortune) so that it doesn't exceed 50% of your earnings and Copé wants to diminish it so that it doesn't exceed 60% of them...
It will change soon maybe. There are other reforms too but well...I don't follow this well at all. It's something like that.
He doesn't mainly lives in Paris. Like the other he can't live more than 6 months a year in France or he'll have problem with the FISC and have to pay the French taxes...
His new house is in Neuchâtel next to Forget's one. There are lot of other French tennis player in Swizerland (and of French ppl too) so he won't be so homesick and he'll play with the fringe of the rules like the other moving there because of money... ;)
60% :eek: That is a lot of money to pay in tax...no wonder he moved out! And who wouldn't want to live next to Guy Forget? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
silverwhite said:
I thought someone said that he mentioned before that he still has dinner with his parents. :confused:

Anyway, he can't stay at one place for long. He has to keep travelling. :eek:
That was when he entered the Pôle Espoir in Paris in 2002 and left Sérignan.
It's over since a long time. Parents in Paris/Sérignan, him in Neuchâtel/Paris. ;)
Yep. Like for Clément and the others that's just a "tax justifying house" if you know what i mean...(and if that means something in English... :eek: ). His whole life is about travelling all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,915 Posts
delsa said:
That was when he entered the Pôle Espoir in Paris in 2002 and left Sérignan.
It's over since a long time. Parents in Paris/Sérignan, him in Neuchâtel/Paris. ;)
Yep. Like for Clément and the others that's just a "tax justifying house" if you know what i mean...(and if that means something in English... :eek: ). His whole life is about travelling all the time.
Oh. I don't think the poster mentioned that it was a long time ago. :eek:

:lol: I would do that too if I were them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Also the french rich like richie (a premonitory first name ;) ) don't go to Monaco because the french citizen have to pay taxes in this fiscal paradise...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
well that sux. i would move too! ya i heard that a bunch of french players live in france.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,096 Posts
hmm, i didn't know that. learn something new everyday!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
I think it's not only in France, many sport people "live" somewhere else because of taxes. But it doesn't mean they have to live there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
it's not just the french that have the problem and not just tennis players alot of people have to do it! half the actors and actresses have homes in other countries coz of taxes.

even mohammed al fayed (harrods owner and also fulham chairman) has to spend a certain amount of time each year out of the country to save himself millions of £££'s in taxes.
if i recall accurately even the spice girls had to do it. It sucks really!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Éowyn said:
if i recall accurately even the spice girls had to do it. It sucks really!
I am now picturing the Spice Girls coming up with schemes to get out of taxes :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
also they don't have to live there they just have to spend a certain amount of time out of that country. So for a tennis player who is always in different countries. he can buy a house in switzerland stay there once in a while say he is living there (which is difficult for any tennis player to say honestly :lol: ) still stay in france whenever he likes. but just say his main residence is switzerland.

anyway it's all untrue he lives in england with me :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,096 Posts
that's kinda confusing!! well, to me at least
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
it is very confusing but then what snot confusing about the way the governments run the countries
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,068 Posts
Noah, Forget, Leconte, Boetsch, Pioline, Escudé, Santoro, Clement, Mathieu, Di Pasquale, Mauresmo, Llodra (from the last year)and now Richard live in Switzerland (it could be easier to say who don't live here ! lol).
Everybody agrees to say life in Geneva is perfect for tennis blablabla...but in fact none of them lives really here, they just have an appartment and live there only the minimum of weeks by year.
Paulo is mainly in Paris when he's not at a tournament, the other players of the team Paris Jean Bouin too. Arnaud Clément lives mainly in Aix en Proevence etc...in short Geneva is their official hometown but it's just for taxes.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top