Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Re: Richard Gasquet : "Roger Federer is the GOAT, but Nadal is the toughest to beat"

he is right, berdych would agree

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Re: Richard Gasquet : "Roger Federer is the GOAT, but Nadal is the toughest to beat"

By that he's basically saying Federer has achieved the most (weak era), but Nadal is a better player (strong era, missed out on a few slams due to injuries)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

Is he saying he never played against Rafa? :confused:
- ¿Cuál es el tenista que cree es el más difícil de enfrentar?

El español Rafael Nadal. Nunca he tenido la oportunidad de enfrentarlo pero lo he visto jugar y es un gran tenista

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

By that he's basically saying Federer has achieved the most (weak era), but Nadal is a better player (strong era, missed out on a few slams due to injuries)
I guess I need to brush up on my Spanish, because I didn't read that anywhere in the interview.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

NO, I think what he means is "Nadal runs like a rabbit, it's very frustrating on today's courts". You're welcome. :wavey:

·
Registered
7,823 Posts

I guess word can mean anything you want them to mean... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
387 Posts

I speak Spanish fluently and I can't make heads or tails of that interview. The last sentence is simply hilarious: "I've never played against him, but I've seen him play. He's a great player"

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Exactly. Another Legend to Rafa s side.

Maybe we should do a count

·
Registered
863 Posts

N other words:
Greatest career achievements of all time- Federer
Greatest singles player of all time- Nadal

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

Nadal is tougher to beat for him, but it depends on players. For example, I guess del Potro or Söderling would say Federer.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Nadal is tougher to beat for him, but it depends on players. For example, I guess del Potro or Söderling would say Federer.
Yeah - there are a minority of players who have playstyle advantage against Nadal who will say Federer perhaps.

The question boils down to what the majority of ATP says - I bet Nadal !

Also - if Soderling and DelPo were to play enough matches - Nadal would figure them out quick

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts

I speak Spanish fluently and I can't make heads or tails of that interview. The last sentence is simply hilarious: "I've never played against him, but I've seen him play. He's a great player"
Somebody made it all up, and used Google Translate :lol:

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

Yeah - there are a minority of players who have playstyle advantage against Nadal who will say Federer perhaps.

The question boils down to what the majority of ATP says - I bet Nadal !

Also - if Soderling and DelPo were to play enough matches - Nadal would figure them out quick
I agree with you, Nadal is definitely the best H2H player ever when it comes to facing his biggest rivals, especially at Slams. Let's see what the recent Slam winners or runners-up would put as a tougher opponent between Nadal and Federer :
Djokovic : even (he has a better overall and Slam H2H against Fed, but I think he affected more Rafa's résumé)
Murray : Nadal
del Potro : Federer
Wawrinka : even (he's destroyed by both players)
Ferrer : Federer
Tsonga : even
Berdych : Nadal
Söderling : Federer
Roddick : Federer
Gonzalez : Federer

It's not that much in favor of Nadal actually.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

I agree with you, Nadal is definitely the best H2H player ever when it comes to facing his biggest rivals, especially at Slams. Let's see what the recent Slam winners or runners-up would put as a tougher opponent between Nadal and Federer :
Djokovic : even (he has a better overall and Slam H2H against Fed, but I think he affected more Rafa's résumé)
Murray : Nadal
del Potro : Federer
Wawrinka : even (he's destroyed by both players)
Ferrer : Federer
Tsonga : even
Berdych : Nadal
Söderling : Federer
Roddick : Federer
Gonzalez : Federer

It's not that much in favor of Nadal actually.
Ferrer would say NAdal
Wawa - actually may say Fed coz he beat NAdal easy but couldnt beat Fed this year

But the daddy of them all - Nole will say Nadal I am quite certain

·
Banned
17,155 Posts

NO, I think what he means is "Nadal runs like a rabbit, it's very frustrating on today's courts". You're welcome. :wavey:
No, I think what you mean is "Croatian servebots and other anti-tennis players I drool for can do shit when playing Nadal, which is very frustrating on all courts" You're welcome :wavey:

·
Registered
821 Posts

He says Nadal can pass Federer.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts