Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
11,052 Posts
Wow the new Big 5

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Gasquet, Murray.

Gasquet would be honored to be in the same sentence as any of these guys...

·
11,052 Posts
Poor conclusion, but nice graph, thanks, some interesting numbers, like Del Potro
One has to think that he has the next best numbers next to Murray and probably has played half the time as the rest of these guys.

Reactions: a1canada

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Meant to add Sorry StanimaI to previous post but 'wonderfuI' new MTF won't Iet us edit beyond certain # of posts so............

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Well, it's obviously meaningless but it's a very surprising stat, I don't think anyone would have guessed he had more TOP 30 weeks than Murray. I didn't even think he'd have more than Wawrinka.

I'm also surprised by the fact Feliciano López doesn't have a single week in the TOP 10 (Troicki and Mónaco do).

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Well, it's obviously meaningless but it's a very surprising stat, I don't think anyone would have guessed he had more TOP 30 weeks than Murray. I didn't even think he'd have more than Wawrinka.

I'm also surprised by the fact Feliciano López doesn't have a single week in the TOP 10 (Troicki and Mónaco do).
I don't think Viktor Troicki ever was a top 10 player. Feliciano Lopez is too limited. Richard Gasquet has gone from overrated to underrated over the years, brilliant player who can play well on all surfaces. The fact that he likes to play far from his baseline but still shines on grass tells you about the immense talent he has. One of the best hand on tour.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Gasquet is very talented so it's not surprising. Most talented player ever to never win a slam.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Gasquet is very talented so it's not surprising. Most talented player ever to never win a slam.
He was talented for sure but he limited himself by playing too defensively and his forehand was booty but most of all, his mentality really let him down as he just kept bending to the big 3 and never seemed to be able to believe he could beat them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm actually surprised at the high # of weeks at top 10 he has.

Nice stats. Those 2 obscure weeks of Pouille in the top 10 though ?

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also would like to highlight how unique Kohlschreiber's career has been.
He has spent 567 weeks in Top 40 which is amazing consitency at a very high level. But he was never ranked higher than #16 and for 530 out of those 567 weeks he was ranked in #21-40 range:
37 weeks as #16-20
270 weeks as #21-30
260 weeks as #31-40

1 - 20 of 21 Posts