Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the better muthaflippin' chance of beating Nadal out of Andy Murray from Scotland and David Ferrer from Continental Europe?

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Murray without a shadow of a doubt

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
:spit: Anyone, but the holy Spanish trinity(Ferrer, Almagro, Verdasco), or the holy Argentinian trinity(Berlocq, Monaco, Delboneris), or Berdych has a greater chance. Murray actually has the game, speed, stamina etc. to trouble Nadal on a good day, maybe even beat him if Clayray shows up and sustains it over BO5.

Ferrer, Berdych, Monaco, etc. simply find pleasure in bending over to their master. Even Ferrer admitted he gave up after the second set in their last year's encounter. So they will bendover for the Rafacock NID.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Ferrer is never winning 3 sets from Nadull on clay. I would love for it to happen but it will never be the case. If Berdych was the other option I'd select Ferrer.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Answer is always the non-Ferrer player with threads of this type.

Besides, if Nadal beats Djokovic, the rest of the draw has zero chance.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Murray just won a Masters final on clay against Nadal.

Him, blatantly.
Before this French I would have said Murray. But Murray is going to struggle against Ferrer be sure of that. Ferrer wants to go all the way. Even Nadal will have to work hard to beat him here.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Answer is always the non-Ferrer player with threads of this type.

Besides, if Nadal beats Djokovic, the rest of the draw has zero chance.
Im not so sure. I believe Nadal will prevail in 4 or 5. But it will be an expensive victory on his body. It will mean he is tired going into the semi.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Im not so sure. I believe Nadal will prevail in 4 or 5. But it will be an expensive victory on his body. It will mean he is tired going into the semi.
I still only see Novak being any threat.
I personally have money on Nadal, if anyone can pull out a match like this, it's him.

Maybe Murray if Rafa is very tired as you say, but Ferrer, no way.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Ferrer obviously, he has always been a formidable opponent for Nadal at RG, especially last after the first set. He even lost to Newracquetdal in Monte Carlo quite easily.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Who has the better muthaflippin' chance of beating Nadal out of Andy Murray from Scotland and David Ferrer from Continental Europe?
Murray has a much better chance. Ferrer's record against Nadal is abysmal, and I don't think even this diminished version of Nadal would have anything to fear from Ferrer.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts