·
Registered
14,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:spit::haha::shrug:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Missed the match from 1-1 in the second till the last game, now I'm not sure if I should be happy that it went so quickly or mad that I missed it. And Santoro talks about a succesful tweener. :mad:

NID match-up though, next round we need to be sharp. :armed:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Dominator was better and better as this match was going on. The third set was brilliant, including hot dog winner.
Fortunately for him Monfils had very slow start and there was no need to play more sets. Keep it up, next match will be tough.

·
Registered
167 Posts
His best match of the tournanement but also his weakest opposition.
Monfils is just the perfect matchup for Domi.

A big thanks to Antoine Hoang for his match against Verdasco!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Monfils started the match very poorly, he had four double faults in his first two service games. Started playing better and the match was actually competitive all through to the second set, until he had a careless service game to lose the set. By the third set, it felt like a formality.

Despite the home support, being fresher and this being his dream slam, he just can't beat him. He wasn't great but the effort was there.

But this was expected, so nothing to be upset about; I just thought it would be closer. Thiem played well, although not at the level of vintage Thiem, he had a potential shot of the tournament too.

·
Registered
57,608 Posts
Man, Monfils was terrible. He really can't do this match up.

Inclined to say Thiem looked a bit better, though I always say it's hard to tell when the opponent is missing so much. Either way, he got a simple straight sets win, which I think was probably much-needed.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Monfils was so flat and slow. No motivation or resolve, like he was playing 1st round of some challenger. If he's not injured I don't get it.

·
Registered
10,402 Posts
In before the "Theim played like crap" meme.

·
justice for all
13,164 Posts
Dominic started not very well making some unnecessary unforced errors but as the match continued he improved his level and in the 3rd set it was actually pretty good.

Hopefully ha takes it with himself to his next match and crashes Khachanov or Del Potro.

4 down, 3 to go. Come on!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Monfils was off.

Not only tennis wise but Monfils wise. He did nothing like Monfils does. Didn't try to hit bombs on second serves, didn't try to mix things up and to just let go his shots.

He looked like a resigned mug for the whole thing.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Monfils was clearly struggling with topspins today. He couldn't generate big power from it and Thiem is very fast so dropshots were not successful too. This is probably the answer why he doesn't like playing the Austrian no1.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
12(?) UE, and i somehow missed the amount of winners. sublime performance by domi, wonder if they will kick him out of the presser again. that said if he's keen to do pressers for now to begin with... :lol:

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Good performance by Thiem, while it’s yet another disappointing showing against a top player by Monfils.... He’s yet to beat a top 4 player in a slam.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts