Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That scoreline :haha:

Londero won 10 points in a row from being a double break down and got from 1:4 to 3:4 0:30 but nadal erased any hopes with good serving

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
RG R4: [2] Nadal def Londero 6-2 6-3 6-3

4 down, 3 to go :sport::sport::sport:

Slight hiccup near the end from 4*-1 30-0 to 4*-3 0-30, but Nadal responded by winning 8 of the last 9 points.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Any match that Rafa win less then 2:30 hours is huge bonus from him.
I think Rafa will get very exhausted Nishikori in the QF .. but Rafa knows that he will need to raise his level in his last 3 matches

VAMOS

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Good win for Rafa because Londero played some lengthy rallies and good tennis. Identical scoreline to Federer's 4R match.

Nishikori/Paire next. Vamos.

Federer wins 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 in 1:43
Rafa wins 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 in 2:13
I did not watch Federer's match, but I would assume Londero played better baseline game than Mayer and made Rafa to work relatively harder to earn points.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good win for Rafa because Londero played some lengthy rallies and good tennis. Identical scoreline to Federer's 4R match.

Nishikori/Paire next. Vamos.

I did not watch Federer's match, but I would assume Londero played better baseline game than Mayer and made Rafa to work relatively harder to earn points.
It's not just about today. Rafa generally plays slow and wastes a lot of time with his lame routine of scratching ass, smell fingers and doing his hair between points.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
There has never been a doubt about the winner of this match, but I think that Londero played an excellent match. He tried everything he could, was very aggressive and had the right mentality. We have to congratulate for his fantastic tournament.

Paire or Nishikori next. As Wawrinka/Tsitsipas might last 5 hours, they will start very late, probably around 19h00 or later, so I am pretty sure right now that this match between Benoît and Kei will have to be finished tomorrow. Another advantage for Rafa regarding his next QF match.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Any match that Rafa win less then 2:30 hours is huge bonus from him.
I think Rafa will get very exhausted Nishikori in the QF .. but Rafa knows that he will need to raise his level in his last 3 matches

VAMOS
Nishikori is made of glass and is absolutely no threat to any of the big 3 at slams, regardless of surface. At this point I would argue he's not even a threat to them at BO3.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
v good match from nadal, londero did everything he could and then some

amazing the diff a commie makes on your experience, I suffered two sets with Arias who hates Nadal and was only giving londero0 instructions on how to win. You would have never known listening to Arias that nadal was unbeatable by this player and probably all players here ..he barely made a comment about how great nadal was

then 3rd set had different commies and the praise was just flowing

Arias should not be allowed to call matches
he's a disgrace
anyway, another great win from Rafa

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Nadal had to do lots of moonballing in sets 1 and 2.
He played a bit better at the start of set 3.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
v good match from nadal, londero did everything he could and then some

amazing the diff a commie makes on your experience, I suffered two sets with Arias who hates Nadal and was only giving londero0 instructions on how to win. You would have never known listening to Arias that nadal was unbeatable by this player and probably all players here ..he barely made a comment about how great nadal was

then 3rd set had different commies and the praise was just flowing

Arias should not be allowed to call matches
he's a disgrace
anyway, another great win from Rafa
Lol, I feel your pain. During Rafa's first match I was stuck with two commies who clearly disliked Nadal. One of the two was saying how he felt that if it was a Djokovic/Nadal final, Djokovic would easily defeat Nadal, and how he couldn't wait to see that final if it came to pass.
The other floated the possibility of gamesmanship on Nadal's part because the color of his Nike outfit was practically the same color as the balls, supposedly possibly hindering his opponent in the rallies.
No respect at all for the eleven time champion from some people. But what can you do? Rafa will simply have to silence them with his play like always. Vamos!

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Lol, I feel your pain. During Rafa's first match I was stuck with two commies who clearly disliked Nadal. One of the two was saying how he felt that if it was a Djokovic/Nadal final, Djokovic would easily defeat Nadal, and how he couldn't wait to see that final if it came to pass.
The other floated the possibility of gamesmanship on Nadal's part because the color of his Nike outfit was practically the same color as the balls, supposedly possibly hindering his opponent in the rallies.
No respect at all for the eleven time champion from some people. But what can you do? Rafa will simply have to silence them with his play like always. Vamos!
Yes! I had the same two commies for that match, it was Jim COurrier and (and now I'm blanking on the 2nd dweeb's name, it will come to me later, but I found out who they were later) and that remark about Nadal's shirt and losing the ball and gamesmanship made me crazy. COurier was the better commie who put an end to the idiotic speculation of gamesmanship.

Arias is the worst! When Rafa went over to the ump to complain about all the excess noise from the stand when serving, Arias said "Rafa's going to sit down, he loves to sit down, he has all the time in the world"
Arias also pointed out every time Rafa did the things he always does, like cleaning the lines etc, about how much time Rafa takes
He also said "Rafa was struggling" at that point the score was 6/2 6/3!
He was just disrespectful the entire time.
And he has a voice which sounds like it's coming from a 10 year old.

Almost all the commies are Fed droolers and it makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So they downplay Rafa's greatness.
I wish I could mute them but still the tennis sounds.
There are a few exceptions who give Rafa his due--Cahill, COurier, John Mac.

I wonder if Rafa had to listen to them what he'd have to say back?
And yes, Vamos!!! Looking very good.

If Fed comes through to the semi, we will have glorious payback ....

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Also, Argentine fans need to shut up when the other guy is serving.

Were they disrespectful during Mayer/Fed? Prob not.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Only watched the last 20 minutes. Bad stretch of play from RAFA after going double break up, nearly lost the lead. Londero to his credit seemed to make the most of the ocasion, was giving his all and enjoying himself out there.
Real tournament starts from here. Nishikori would not be a walk in the park, and Paire is a nutjob in great form, on a winning streak, so RAFA will need to be focused for the entire duration, otherwise it might get messy.

·
|
14,306 Posts
Only watched the last 20 minutes. Bad stretch of play from RAFA after going double break up, nearly lost the lead. Londero to his credit seemed to make the most of the ocasion, was giving his all and enjoying himself out there.
Real tournament starts from here. Nishikori would not be a walk in the park, and Paire is a nutjob in great form, on a winning streak, so RAFA will need to be focused for the entire duration, otherwise it might get messy.
Is that sarcasm?
French players are harmless, and Nishikori is a career-loser on the big stage : )
Rafa can do whatever he wants....his opponents are non-factors.
They'll look just as pathetic as Thiem does when he plays Rafa at RG.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There has never been a doubt about the winner of this match, but I think that Londero played an excellent match. He tried everything he could, was very aggressive and had the right mentality. We have to congratulate for his fantastic tournament.

Paire or Nishikori next. As Wawrinka/Tsitsipas might last 5 hours, they will start very late, probably around 19h00 or later, so I am pretty sure right now that this match between Benoît and Kei will have to be finished tomorrow. Another advantage for Rafa regarding his next QF match.
Good estimation :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts