Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
This is not cat 😽 Rafa. This is the GOAT 🐐 Rafa. Go home Sebastian, you've had a good run here, nevertheless.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
“Growing up, I named my cat Rafa after him. That says a lot about how much I love the guy. He’s my biggest idol. He’s one of the reasons I play tennis. Just watching him play, unbelievable competitor. Just from him I have the never-give-up mentality. Whenever I’m on court, I try to be like him.”

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Korda started to play some decent tennis in the third, but he wasn't able to perform to the best of his ability today in the big stadium, bad conditions and an imposing opponent. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops. I enjoy his style of play.

It is hard to tell what level Nadal is at, but it doesn't look stellar.

@SuperG what's your assessment?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
only got to watch the first game, Korda looked pretty decent (conditions were poor) and had a few break points, hoped he’d make a match out of it that would last longer so I could catch the end, alas it wasn’t to be

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If not for the first round where he lost 10 games, he could have a record breaking RG, least games lost in the run to the title. The tournament for nadal starts next round.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Windy Conditions Looking Great So Far

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Wow Korda made a good showing won 4 games. I am being serious.

If it stays windy, this is very good for Rafa. He's a much better wind player than Djok, not sure how it will impact THiem, not as much as it impacts Djok because Thiem hits with more topsin and power than Djok.

I was concerned earlier about rafa haivng too many easy opponents then having to face either sinner or AZ, i.e. having to raise his level suddenly, but after watching this, I'm not concerned any longer.

My only concern is my original one, that Thiem takes too much out of Rafa then faces Djok in a tired state.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
great match by the 2nd favorite. Joking aside, only thing that matters in the draw is that Thiem is on Rafa's side of the draw. Rafa still the favorite in any match in Roland Garros.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,662 Posts
Nadal just dropped 23 games, only three games off his record (20) at RG in 2017

·
Registered
792 Posts
42 GS Quarterfinal for Rafa in his career. He is now third behind Djokovic (46) and Federer (57).

Rafa at Grand Slams from QF on:

QF: 33-9
SF: 27-6
F: 19-8

1 - 20 of 76 Posts