Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If both the matches are happening at the same time, which match you would prefer to watch?

Djokovic vs Kokkinakis : This is the first time they are playing. Haven't watched much of Kokki. But he is a good base-liner. We will see some good baseline rallies.

Murray vs Kyrgios : Kyrgios - the show man against the grinder Murray. Though Kyrgios lost two of their previous matches, still this match is a interesting match up. Kyrgios has been keep improving his game. Murray is the man in form.

I prefer to watch Murray vs Kyrgios just bcoz of the Kyrgios enrgy on the court. You? :wavey:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If both the matches are happening at the same time, which match you would prefer to watch?

Djokovic vs Kokkinakis : This is the first time they are playing. Haven't watched much of Kokki. But he is a good base-liner. We will see some good baseline rallies.

Murray vs Kyrgios : Kyrgios - the show man against the grinder Murray. Though Kyrgios lost two of their previous matches, still this match is a interesting match up. Kyrgios has been keep improving his game. Murray is the man in form.

I prefer to watch Murray vs Kyrgios just bcoz of the Kyrgios enrgy on the court. You? :wavey:
With Djokovic. It's just a stepping stone to the only REAL challenge he will face this FO, NADAL.

But Murray could ACTUALLY LOSE TO KYRGIOS. So that makes it a far more watchable match for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With Djokovic. It's just a stepping stone to the only REAL challenge he will face this FO, NADAL.

But Murray could ACTUALLY LOSE TO KYRGIOS. So that makes it a far more watchable match for me.

Yes. Correct. This is not a one-sided match up.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Kyrgios-Murray is up first, Kokk-Djokovic after a WTA match, so we should have an idea of how the Murray match is going and whether to stay with it.

Last time this happened (at AO) I tried juggling both, but ended up watching Kokkinakis v Gulbis mostly - a much more entertaining match with lots of exciting twists and turns! I suspect Murray-Kyrgios will be the better of these two, but the Kokk may yet surprise...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kyrgios-Murray much better to watch.
I cannot watch one sided-match every week when is playing the best player in the world, he is wining everything so is boring to watch ...

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Kyr/Mur are on at 11am - first match on SL, Djo/Kok is second on PC.
So I'm hoping for the 1st WTA match on PC to go the usual grueling length of 3 hours with the score result 6-2, 6-3, so we can hopefully watch both back to back.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think the Djokovic Kokki match might end up a bit of a damp squib. Kokki is very talented, and given another couple of years he might be able to threaten Djokoic, but I don't think he's got the weapons or experience cause much trouble. He'll also be exhausted from the five-setter, and the thrill of a great run, and while the excitement of a big match on a big court will help him to come out firing, I don't think he'll be able to sustain his top level for long. It will be interesting to see how Kokki plays, but I'm not expecting it to be close.

Kyrgios, on the other hand, is a more developed player, and has more experience of the big stages, has beaten some big names, and is well rested, yet still at that stage of his career where he's getting better, so can surprise his opponents. It may end up another one-sided match, but he has a great chance of making it competitive for at least some of the match, and a reasonable chance of getting the win.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts