Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first set should have been a Bagel and the second one should have been a breadstick. Rafa is now broken in each of the first set against all the three opponents he has faced and twice while serving for the set(Against Almagro and Andrey).

Rafa played a decent game and his FH winners in the third set were great. Overall great movement, good defence and better than Almagro's match.

Andrey. He played some lovely tennis but only for about 2-3 games in the second. He held for the first time after 10 games. Nothing special.

Anyway 69th win at RG for Rafa :worship:

He has to face Sock and only one more match for RAFOLE!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Rafa not playing his highest level but still was never in trouble. Can't wait for the QF against Djoko.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Simply the best. Felt a little sorry for for Kuznetsov. Tried everything but was simply punching way above his weight. Rafa is getting that much needed confidence back. Good to see.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
So Dull, how long was this match?

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
He was going through the motions in first 2 sets very meh and too passive in the 2nd after being up 2 breaks but he played such a good 3rd set. Taking initiative, consistency on that forehand.

If he wants to win La Decima he has to play like the 3rd.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Nadal is in scary form. There was never any decline, only little confidence shakes.

Djokovic will still show in QF what would have happened in RG-11 final.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Djokovic will be sorry he ever won anything this year, because now the world will see how PEAK Djokovic can't beat Nadal even when Nadal is 7 years past his peak (2008) :lol:
This match would have been more lopsided on Phillip Shat.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Rafa not playing his highest level but still was never in trouble. Can't wait for the QF against Djoko.
He is starting to turn up the heat. I saw a few shots in this match that tell me he is approaching 80% and that's not good for anyone.

He has Sock next who has found some great form. And it might take Nadal 4 or 5 sets to get it done. But already I just can't see anyone taking 3 sets off Nadal. Let me put it like this. Djokovic will have to play BETTER than he has ever played before to win in the QTRS. anything less and it's all over for him.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Why should Rafa have brought his best against a world number 120 ? Nole's waiting in the quarters. Needs to save his knees for THAT encounter.

·
MONSOON season.
82,261 Posts
Completely expected demolition. Kuznetsov did well to get to R3 given his form, even if he lucked out with the draw.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I don't know what match some of you saw, but Nadal didn't look too great to me. His FH DTL is not there, and he did a lot of mistakes. If he doesn't raise his level for the QF, he will be routined by Djokovic.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Nadal won 8 games against Djokovic in Monte-Carlo-13, but barely made it alive at RG.

Nadal won 2 less games vs Nole in Monte-Carlo-15, so no way he beats Serbinator this time at RG.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Wasnt a perfect match. Some small glitches. But all in all a good match. Kutz had some nice shots. But hes young.

Sock will be a better test.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Nadal won 8 games against Djokovic in Monte-Carlo-13, but barely made it alive at RG.

Nadal won 2 less games vs Nole in Monte-Carlo-15, so no way he beats Serbinator this time at RG.
Yes, because tennis is just the simple kind of math that 1st Graders learn in school. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,487 Posts
I don't know what match some of you saw, but Nadal didn't look too great to me
Allez, tennis_commentat and phase3 exposed as brainless Nadaltards by a fellow Rafa fan.
Priceless.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts