Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A comedy of errors. Break, break and break. The second set TB had 5 mini-breaks. Berdych broken while serving for the match. :haha:

Paire almost giving the second set from being 6-2 up in the TB. Sometimes, I really don't understand what Paire wants to do on a tennis court. The end of real #2. :secret: Paire was not motivated.

Berdych will fall to Nishikori(Just my opinion).

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Simply horrible match to watch, WTA quality. A couple of times I rather switched to the Monfils match who is actually one of my most hated players.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Berdy was very nervous at the end of the match/or bothered by the crowd. I love his H&M outfit.:kiss:
I love watching Paire at his best :hearts:, I just wish he could maintain the level he showed against fognini.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Paire is hopeless, someone of his height shouldn't have such a bad serve and let's not get started on that FH. He is lucky he has an absolute world class BH or he'd be ranked about 500 and never be near a slam.

Berdych seems to have dropped off his high level from earlier in the year. I fully expect him to make qtrs and then get thumped by Nishikori.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Paire's fh is really not even on the level of a futures player. He's very lazy. I've tried to see what it is that makes it so bad, and I believe it is a combination of the following: no torso action, standing up straight when hitting, and only hitting the ball very low. As a result he has trouble with slices to his fh, with shorter balls and he has loads of mishits... I do not understand how a player with so much talent has such crappy technique...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Motivated Paire still unbeaten.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Berdych should never have dropped a set to Paire, how many drop shots did he attempt from the baseline? Terrible match from the world #2.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Paire's fh is really not even on the level of a futures player. He's very lazy. I've tried to see what it is that makes it so bad, and I believe it is a combination of the following: no torso action, standing up straight when hitting, and only hitting the ball very low. As a result he has trouble with slices to his fh, with shorter balls and he has loads of mishits... I do not understand how a player with so much talent has such crappy technique...
Paire was born naturally left handed but had to play with his right hand after a bad childhood accident, so that's why he has a wonderful backhand and a poor fh.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
To be fair, avoiding hitting FHs for the most part is part of Paire's game and he does that well :lol:. He has many strengths to cover that weakness, and it's not like every single FH he hits is a bad one.

All things considered a good tourney for Paire :shrug:. Quit hating just because he didn't beat Berdych :lol:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts