Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ClayRay not appearing today. Andy was enough to take Nick out. Average match but lot of lovely points. Dropshots by Nick in the second :worship:

ClayRay 13-0 no? RG in the bag no?

Good luck Andy for R4.
Kyrgios :hug:.

P.S.: Nick was treated for elbow or shoulder during that MTO, I think(not sure).

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Nick good occasionally but not often enough. Not too disappointed by that, always expected Murray to get through this one.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Even a 40% Clayray still destorys Kyrgios

hope they meet at Wimbledon to complete the striaght setting sequence on all surfaces

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
I thought Murray was solid. Thugios' arm was probably hurting him, but Murray seemed too strong for a 100% Kyrgios anyway.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Easy scoreline, fairly difficult match at the start, lots of profanity from both = a bit of a mess at times. Neither played very well, though most of the third set was rather good. Comfortable enough win overall though :yeah:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Murray played a lot better against Sousa despite dropping a set there. Hopefully clayray returns against Goffin (Chardy).

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Pretty poor performance from Andy. He won't beat Ferrer playing like that but it might have been down to Kyrgios not giving him any time on the ball to settle. Poor serving throughout as well. Easier match next round.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Murray's basic level is too smart for a player like Kyrgios. If Nick can get a bit more consistent he could really cause problems for Andy with his firepower but his hit-and-hope tennis right now is too random. I find him quite difficult to watch because I feel like I get no rhythm in his matches. Some impressive shots though.

Well done Andy! Love watching the intelligent tennis defusing a bomb.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Murray going to practice after this, need to break a sweat

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Murray was never going to lose this match. Everything about Kyrgios's 1-dimensional game plays right into Murray's hands.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Luck-Ray strikes again.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Kyrgios certainly hit the best shots of the match. Shame the more entertaining player lost. Hopefully he can do some damage at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Another routine spank of Kyrgios. As expected.

Onwards Mandy! :armed:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts