Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid match for Rafa, routine win. Nothing more could be said.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
From what I've seen, Nadal is playing even worse than Rome. He just hasn't played anyone who can take advantage of that yet.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Getting better, not in best form yet, but a win is a win.

The second set is probably the real level against Thiem or Djoker.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
should be interesting with Kodra

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
3 down, 4 to go, no?

Reactions: Kondratiuk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Keep Going Rafa 💪

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
From what I've seen, Nadal is playing even worse than Rome. He just hasn't played anyone who can take advantage of that yet.
On the contrary, FH was solid both accuracy- and pace-wise. Also BH looked rather good. He is most definitely picking up the form as he always do as RG progresses. Also, these matches are so NID for him and Novak that they often try stuff out, so one can't judge every single decision and shot selection as a state of one's current form.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Does anyone actually enjoy watching these early rounds at the FO? That's not a criticism, I just genuinely wonder whether anyone garners any enjoyment out of these matches at all. For me it's completely unwatchable.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
On the contrary, FH was solid both accuracy- and pace-wise. Also BH looked rather good. He is most definitely picking up the form as he always do as RG progresses. Also, these matches are so NID for him and Novak that they often try stuff out, so one can't judge every single decision and shot selection as a state of one's current form.
Nope. Let's just wait until he meets his first real test ;)

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
another gigantic performance by Goatdal - which clay titan is next?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Does anyone actually enjoy watching these early rounds at the FO? That's not a criticism, I just genuinely wonder whether anyone garners any enjoyment out of these matches at all. For me it's completely unwatchable.
I prefer the first week of a slam than the second. But I'm not bothered about the Big 3.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Getting better, not in best form yet, but a win is a win.

The second set is probably the real level against Thiem or Djoker.
Not even close.
Thiem and Djok will put 3 times more pressure on him than trav and Rafa can and will rasie his game accordingly.
He's nowhere near top gear yet and doesn't need to be.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I wish Rafa had some tougher opponents at this point, honestly.
Korda next.
This is really no advantage at this point, because he will have to suddenly ramp it up alot for Sinner or AZ.

But he looked great today, 1 1/2 hours, it's all routine to be expected.
The good news is the heavy balls or closed roof or cold temp doesn't seem to be bothering him.
But perhaps it becomes a factor against the much tougher opponents.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts