Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again not a pretty match. Veseley served for the first set and was up a break early in the 2nd set and choked both times. Milos will need to raise his level if he's to take advantage of the gift that awaits in the 4th round

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Vesely was the better player in the first set and then choked and gave it away. Never thought I'd be saying it's up to Simon to now save tennis.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Was a pretty straightforward win for Milos after a first set of terrible tennis that Vesely choked away. He raised his game a bit in the third and Vesely lost any hope he had by then.

Equals his best result at RG with this result, but he's got to be expecting more this week after what he did during the rest of clay season. Milos will have to up his game from what it's been these last two matches to get through Simon (who undoubtedly will not make things easy with his style), but he's definitely capable of that.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Is the OP an idiot? I wonder. Milos did well to fight back he was down 3-5 in the first set yet won the tiebreaker. In the second set Vesely once again had a break a 2-0 lead BUT once again Milos broke back and destroyed him. Milos played amazing he beat an overhyped young player breaking his serve five times in the match. Many people have complained about Milos return of serve but in this match he has improved it tremendously. Milos didn't play perfect but I am proud of his FIGHT today. Milos is getting better and better on clay. Next match Milos will need to play well he is looking good.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Raonic is getting increasingly proficient at the back of the court. People laugh at his baseline game but he's starting to return pretty well. He hits the ball with a lot of power and he might not be the most consistent but he doesn't make a huge amount of errors. He's a total bore, but he's going to be a regular top tenner for the next few years, and in the transition period where Djokovic and Nadal decline and youngsters rise, I see him taking a grand slam or two.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Slow start for Milos but he picked it up near the end, esp. the third set. Hopefully he continues that form into his match with Simon.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Raonic is getting increasingly proficient at the back of the court. People laugh at his baseline game but he's starting to return pretty well. He hits the ball with a lot of power and he might not be the most consistent but he doesn't make a huge amount of errors. He's a total bore, but he's going to be a regular top tenner for the next few years, and in the transition period where Djokovic and Nadal decline and youngsters rise, I see him taking a grand slam or two.
Someone who talks sense for once. Have a rep.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I am most proud of Milos fight today getting his serve broken twice yet responding well to the pressure. Milos continues to improve at the net.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the OP an idiot? I wonder. Milos did well to fight back he was down 3-5 in the first set yet won the tiebreaker. In the second set Vesely once again had a break a 2-0 lead BUT once again Milos broke back and destroyed him. Milos played amazing he beat an overhyped young player breaking his serve five times in the match. Many people have complained about Milos return of serve but in this match he has improved it tremendously. Milos didn't play perfect but I am proud of his FIGHT today. Milos is getting better and better on clay. Next match Milos will need to play well he is looking good.
if you think he actually plaed well and veseley didnt choke those leads away then you sir are the idiot

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nid.
raonic and his cakewalk

·
9,928 Posts
Not as much crying by the haters lately, what is the world coming too?

Tough match next versus Simon that is playing pretty good on clay, but still a great opportunity, and about the best draw he could get without Nishikori and Dolgopolov, who both probably return milos better then anyone has.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Easy peasy. Simon could be a minor challenge. Hope he brings his A game.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts