Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIRD match suspended in three days. This is getting damn ridiculous. I want this to happen more so they get their shit together and put some lights up in this place. Gasquet endured a long service game in the 3rd set at 2-0, but got away with it saving multiple break points and breaking Berlocq again later. It was smooth sailing until he self destructed in the 4th, giving Berlocq a chance to force the fifth and delay the match until tomorrow.

HORRIBLE LINE CALL at 4-3. Gasquet robbed of a point where his forehand clipped the line. It would have been deuce.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That ball was out. Get over it.
They confirmed with Hawkeye it was in. Plus if you look at the line it had no clay in between. It hit the line. :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Am I the only one who thought that ball mark (not the hawkeye one the actual one) they showed looked like it clipped the line? (Maybe my 5am eyes are deceiving me)

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Gasquet was PISSED late in the fourth. Methinks Garner's gonna be on his blacklist for a bit.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
They confirmed with Hawkeye it was in. Plus if you look at the line it had no clay in between. It hit the line. :facepalm:
Oh, I didn't know that. They did a close up zoom and it looked out :shrug:

Anyway, Richard should have won this already. He cruised in the third then started wondering if he would finish in time before they suspended play.

Hope disgusting Gruntlocq loses.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am I the only one who thought that ball mark (not the hawkeye one the actual one) they showed looked like it clipped the line? (Maybe my 5am eyes are deceiving me)
Your eyes are functioning. The ball indeed clipped the line. There was no clay in between.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Gasquet in ruins, the crowd in ruins, Berlocq loving it. Epic match, I will be watching it tomorrow if I can. It's just a shame it has to be suspended because they don't have lights. They should get with the times and install some already, all of the other slams have already. I suppose it's fitting that the French have the most disappointing slam, considering their standard in players.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
When you consider the fact that Berlocq was an ultimate challenger level vulture player at some point of his career then his peak tennis is actually unreal. He can do everything, moonballing, ballbashing, serve-volleying, dropshotting, pushing, shotmaking...he has a personality and is passionate. He is actually extremely entertaining.

Yeah, one thing is that they don´t have lights but it´s not like it didn´t happen every single year before, that there are matches suspended pretty much every day :confused:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
looked to me like there was space between the mark and the line. Besides the umpire went down to look at it and saw it too. What is there to debate?

If Gasquet wanted to finish it he shouldn't have invited the Warlocq back. Give Warlocq your hand and he takes your arm

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, I didn't know that. They did a close up zoom and it looked out :shrug:

Anyway, Richard should have won this already. He cruised in the third then started wondering if he would finish in time before they suspended play.

Hope disgusting Gruntlocq loses.
:D No harm done if Gasquet ends up winning. If Bercock ends up winning I'll be pissed. :mad:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Gasquet is simply pathetic (saying it as fan), an out of form Berlocq is ridiculuing him mixing moonballing and serve and volleying. Why does he even bother with having a coach I dunno, I'd love to ear what they say to each other.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
It would be ok to not have lights in the 90's but now in 2015 it looks more and more stupid and unworthy of slam status. What's their excuse fot not having lights by the way?

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
When you consider the fact that Berlocq was an ultimate challenger level vulture player at some point of his career then his peak tennis is actually unreal. He can do everything, moonballing, ballbashing, serve-volleying, dropshotting, pushing, shotmaking...he has a personality and is passionate. He is actually extremely entertaining.

Yeah, one thing is that they don´t have lights but it´s not like it didn´t happen every single year before, that there are matches suspended pretty much every day :confused:
My grandfather would be able to serve and volley aginst someone who returns from Nice while playing in Paris... not even with a canon you could hit a passing shot from that distance. Berlocq is deserving it though as he's taking advantage of this nonsense. It would be hilarious but a fitting end if Berlocq pravails but it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
Hopefully Nadal was watching and felt ashamed after seeing an actual reason to be mad at an umpire.

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
Never underestimate Berlocq
Berlocq is known to be THE most hung guy in tennis, possibly one of the biggest in the world. His penis has been described as ''like an Evian bottle''.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts