Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good win for damir and good for him for making it through a very favorable draw .He was VERY pumped up for this .cant see him troubling federer at allthough

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Re: RG R3: Dzumhur def. Baghdatis 6-4, 6-3, 4-6,6-2

I believe he's the 1st(and only)Bosnian man to make the 3rd Round at a Slam, so good for him. For a guy his size, he's got a real nice game.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts

Still more chances for Damir than that old mug Baghdatis.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I believe he's the 1st(and only)Bosnian man to make the 3rd Round at a Slam, so good for him. For a guy his size, he's got a real nice game.
yep, and he's done it twice now. made the 3rd round of the australian last year

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

Beautiful 2 hours and 22 minutes, so happy for Damir :) He deserved like no one on tour to have a chance of playing Federer on the biggest clay court in the world!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Saw a lot of this, and there was drop-shots galore as well as some decent rallies - Marcos's shot selection was highly questionable at times though, and he was ultimately nowhere near ruthless enough when it came to the big moments.

That said Dzumhur was really pumped up, and just when I thought he might tail off at the start of the fourth set he really pushed himself and went in for the kill. Congrats to him and his fans on a well deserved victory.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts

Saw bits and pieces of this match. Marcos was pretty poor, Damir was mostly standing in the stands. He was the better player however

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

It was Round 2, not Round 3.:)

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Džumhur :worship: Such players give hope. :)

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Damir :yeah: Nice to see a Bosnian in the third round.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts