21,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done :clap2:

Coric joins Kokk and Kyrgios in R3.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
RG R2: B.Coric def. [18] T.Robredo 7-5 3-6 6-2 4-6 6-4

Bornaaaaaa!!!!!! :worship::worship: I did not expect him to win. Defeating the RG comeback king in 5. The crowd were heavily supporting Borna. :eek:

Robredo :hug:

W/UE
Coric - 34/38
Robredo - 58/64

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I want to have your baby Coric ...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
unbelievable mugness from tommy, but great win for coric!

·
Registered
60,606 Posts
Just an incredible choke. Coric has a lot of heart, but this loss is all on Robredo.

Sock is going to make the 4th round :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Kokkinakis, Kyrgios, Coric all in the third round.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Robredo led 2/0 in 3rd and lost 2/6 then led 4/3 with break in fifth to lose 4/6. I have to admit, coric showed true spirit. two return winners in final game (although Robredo serve was pathetic at this point)

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Amazing player this Coric. His serve seemed weird, but in last game he player really well.
Tennis and humanity wins.

·
24,074 Posts
Ugh, Robredo, not watched the match, but he usually eats the youngin's up but it seems his clutch of 2013 is all but seems gone. Good record on 5th Sets but after breaking in the 5th Set didn't win a game. Anyway, good to see another Under 21 player make it deep. Maybe there is hope for the future after all in terms of young high ranked players.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Robredo made a real mess of this match. He should have won it, but he was gifting service games left, right and centre. It's a shame too, as seeing these youngsters losing is always a treat, considering their arrogance.

Reactions: citizen_insane

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I want to have your baby Coric ...
Same.

That showed incredible mental and physical fortitude. To beat the wily, super-fit vet Tommy Robredo in 5 sets is no easy task. Immediate pick-up in intensity and play those last 3 games from a break down! Happy he's through with the 2 Aussies. Borna and Thanasi are definitely my faves of the young crew so far -- like younger, scrawnier versions of Nole and Delpo ha.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts