Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clinical performance from Slamrev :worship: It must be his first ever straight sets win at RG. Mini choke at the end wasn't necessary though.

Probably Lajovic next.
Auf geht's!

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
clinical 1.5 sets, rest im not sure anymore, didnt watch much of it

·
Registered
990 Posts
Made it slightly longer than it should be but easy win overall.

Both Ymer's are wastes of time in my opinion, had plenty of chances at tour level over the past 2-3 years now and neither has done anything noteworthy.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Player with better FH won.

I like Ymer, he's talented and in theory he might be a tough match-up for Zverev, but in practice he's just a lightweight tennis player so this result was NID.

Zverev actually exceeded my expectations already, looks very sharp this tournament (excluding the third set against Millman and the attempts to serve out sets today which were just far too passive). Also rate the win vs. Millman not as an unnecessary struggle but a hard-fought victory against a very tough opponent.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Strong Showing until serving it out, but then he repaired the dip in the Tie-Break. Forehand finally on point. Really happy to see him play like this!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Both Ymer's are wastes of time in my opinion, had plenty of chances at tour level over the past 2-3 years now and neither has done anything noteworthy.
Since the Ymer brothers are the best male tennis players of Sweden by some margin, I have been rooting for my countrymen. However, I fear Elias (the older brother) will stay a challenger player.

Mikael has always been the more talented one, though, and I think he has a decent chance to become a stable ATP-player, maybe reach as high as top 30. He was always better than Caspar Ruud as a youngster (being roughly half a year older), but his progress of late has been hampered by injuries. My hope is that he can put the physical struggles behind him and climb the rankings. Still, I have to agree it is kind of obvious he lacks the weapon to be a top player.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
ymer was comically bad and still managed to break zverev while serving for the match. hilarious scenes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
M Ymer backed too far back of baseline... I saw a scenario where Ymer should dropshot zverev but it just happen at the end

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
every time i see the ymer brothers play i wonder how they are ranked as high as they are. they're terrible and if thy are the future of swedish tennis then the sport is in worse shape than i could have possibly imagined over there

this was a great draw for zverev. ymer has absolutley no weapons to hurt him with. but for alex its good to have basically a bye into the 3rd round after his 5 setter last round

1 - 10 of 10 Posts