Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not happy with the clay warrior king.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I wouldn't judge too much from this match. Nadal was doing many errors, but I don't believe he is not able to increase his level if necessary. This is pretty much a training session for him, he was not in a real danger in any phase of the match so we can only speculate what is going on. Considering his improvement since MC and Barcelona I think this abysmal performance was only due to the lack of motivation or maybe some distraction or just a bad day in the office. The next match will tell us more.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
First 2 sets were Nid, but 3rd set was low level from Nadal. So this raise the question, the first 2 sets his level was very good, or it is due to Maden being mug?
To be broken twice consecutively by a player like Maden, it would raise some question marks in his head. Or maybe he is hampered by something..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
In before talkshitalot claims this was the greatest performance in the history of tennis.

Maden played very well by his standards, but his standards and Nadal's are like comparing climbing Everest to climbing a flight of stairs.
Indeed Maden didn't for sure embarass himself out there. He made it as close at he could given the huge gap of level between the 2.
Otoh, i wonder if Nadal is happy with his level of play.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Maden was ok in set 3. A couple unfortunate events led to the 3rd break to 5:4. But this guy with no serve or weapons at all at least gave a fight in this third set

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Digusting tennis. If the sport would consist only of this boring, relentless pushing, nobody would watch it. Luckily, this is very rarely the case.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dropping four games in a set against a challenger mug. Dull is finished.

Just hand Djokovic the trophy now and move onto the grass where we can all be entertained.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Rafa played a stronger set against Haffmann (sp?) but I'm not concerned in the slightest. Still a 2 hour beatdown.
Some of Rafa groundies were off but it doesn't matter in the slightest, he does not need to be perfect now.\
Maybe it's best to save that intensity for when it's needed.

Also Lenglen doesn'[t suit him as well as Chatrier.
They better not put the 11 time champion there again, FF's S.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Rafa so far met weak opponents to train.

Maden is powerless in his groundies. Nadal will be challenged better in next rounds. So far is overly aggressive game to bully the journeyman.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
In before talkshitalot claims this was the greatest performance in the history of tennis.

Maden played very well by his standards, but his standards and Nadal's are like comparing climbing Everest to climbing a flight of stairs.
LMAO

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Maden could generate almost no pace of his own and Nadal has made a habit in recent years of letting off the gas late in matches against grossly overmatched opponents. That's what made the all the bagels in in Rome so shocking. I wouldn't read anything into the final set.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts